Sinclair seeks to attract an academically and culturally diverse faculty that carries out the mission of the college with dedication, innovation and a commitment to the success of each student. The Science, Mathematics and Engineering Division invites applications for an Annually Contracted Faculty position in the Biology department that will begin August 2022.
Annually Contracted Faculty (ACF) appointments are full-time, temporary positions limited to one academic year. Appointments are not automatically awarded for subsequent years, but rather, are awarded on a year-by-year basis at the sole discretion of Sinclair Community College.
All positions are pending budget approval for the 2022-2023 Academic year.
- Plan and organize instruction in ways which maximize student learning
- Prepare, distribute and submit syllabi for all assigned sections in accordance with department and divisional policies
- Employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies, use available instructional technology when appropriate
- Modify, where appropriate, instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse student's needs
- Support classroom and online efforts to promote student success
- Evaluate and return student work in a timely manner to promote learning
- Maintain accurate records of student progress
- Submit final grade rosters according to established deadlines
- Maintain confidentiality of student information
- Teach a minimum of 15 credit hours per semester
- Work closely with the department chair to implement the policies of the department and college
- Participate in department, division and college-wide meetings
- Maintain office hours and respond to student inquiries in a timely and effective manner
- Committee service is not required
- A minimum of a master's in biology or related field required
- Experience teaching biology and/or ecology required
- Experience with up to date pedagogical teaching techniques required
- Flexibility to teach daytime, evening or weekend classes on Dayton campus as well as off campus sites required
- Evidence of successful prior teaching experience, and ability to teach classroom and online courses required
- A demonstrated commitment to improving student learning through innovative strategies shown to help students succeed at the course and program level
- Effective communication skills and interpersonal skills with the capacity to work successfully in a culturally diverse college community
- Must possess demonstrated skills in using modern educational technology, including multimedia-based instruction
A contract for employment will not be issued without receiving official transcripts for all post-secondary degrees and successful completion of a background check.