ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY (EHS) MANAGER
With over 20 years of experience, our client is a leader in the US automotive industry. They are dedicated to the design, development and manufacturing of metal automotive components with focus on innovative development to produce safer and lighter vehicles. we believe people are the architects of our companys success. This mindset has been an essential asset for success for over 20 years. they looks for talented, motivated, and team based candidates to join our team and continue to build our futures together.
Our clients Union, South Carolina plant is looking for an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager who will be responsible for the overall provisions of Environmental, Health and Safety services, policies and programs. The major areas of responsibility include developing and implementing safety and environmental programs ensuring regulatory compliances, providing regulatory and technical support and training assistance at all levels within the facility.
* Plans, directs and implements safety and environmental programs to ensure compliance.
* Oversees compliance with applicable OSHA laws and regulatory concerns.
* Develop and implement policies and procedures to maintain a safe work environment.
* Provides regulatory assistance, technical support and training to all levels within the facility.
* Directs internal and external resources in response to safety and environmental compliance issues, enforcement actions, emergencies, acquisitions divestitures and changes in operations.
* Conducts and/or coordinates internal/external safety and environmental audits to monitor facility compliance.
* Logs and tracks audit recommendations to completion and assists all levels in developing corrective actions for audit findings.
* Evaluates, manages and implements standardized programs and information systems that monitor, simplify and document compliance to internal, OSHA, TS 16949, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and other regulatory requirements and permits as appropriate.
* Ensures environmental, health and safety is an integral part of the planning process for plant projects such as lean initiatives, plant layouts, cell arrangements, or new processes.
THE MUST HAVES:
* Bachelors Degree in EHS, Human Resources or related field required, masters Degree preferred.
* 5-7 years of leadership experience in Environmental, Health and Safety in a manufacturing in an automotive environment highly preferred.
* ISO 9000, ISO/TS 16949 and ISO 14001 experience preferred.
* Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations.
* Advanced knowledge of safety and environmental regulations and enforcement proceedings.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
* Top benefits
* Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
* Tuition reimbursement program
* Working for a top leader in the automotive industry
* Building relationships and experiences through interactions with subject matter experts