Our client is currently seeking a Cell Biologist
- Protein ExpressionThis job will have the following responsibilities:
• Maintain and propagate weekly cultures of multiple insect cell lines.
• Assist with plasmid cloning and protein expression experiments for soluble and membrane-bound proteins.
• Express and purify proteins from numerous platforms (bacterial, insect, yeast) according to established protocols.
• Plant and grow seeds from weed species for germination assays and protoplast isolation.
• Assist with solution preparation and aliquoting for insect bioassay testing.
• Assist with mitochondrial isolations and enzyme purifications for mode of action workflows.
• Responsible for laboratory maintenance and preparation workflows for experiments.
-Media and buffer preparation.
-Cell propagation and supply.
-Lab supply ordering and logistics.Qualifications & Requirements:
- Education Minimum Requirement: Bachelors Degree
- Education Preferred: Masters Degree
- Experience with mammalian or insect cell culture maintenance in aseptic sterile conditions.
- Experience with protein expression/purification in one or more platforms (bacteria, baculovirus/insect, yeast).
- Organizational skills and ability to coordinate several concurrent projects.
- Basic familiarity with molecular biology and biochemistry techniques.
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with multiple and diverse teams.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com