Scientist, Biology - Translational Research
Mersana Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company using its differentiated and proprietary ADC platforms to rapidly develop novel ADCs with optimal efficacy, safety and tolerability to meaningfully improve the lives of people fighting cancer. Mersana's lead product candidate, upifitamab rilsodotin (UpRi), is a Dolaflexin ADC targeting NaPi2b and is being studied in UPLIFT, a single-arm registration strategy in patients with platinum-resistant ovarian cancer, as well as in UPGRADE, a Phase 1 umbrella study in combination with other ovarian cancer therapies. XMT-1592, Mersana's second ADC product candidate targeting NaPi2b-expressing tumors, was created using Mersana's customizable and homogeneous Dolasynthen platform and is in the dose escalation portion of a Phase 1 proof-of-concept clinical study. The Company's early-stage programs include XMT-1660, a Dolasynthen ADC targeting B7-H4, as well as XMT-2056, a STING-agonist ADC developed using the Company's Immunosynthen platform and targeting a novel epitope of human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2). In addition, multiple partners are using Mersana's Dolaflexin platform to advance their ADC pipelines.
Mersana's mission is to discover and develop life-changing antibody-drug conjugates for patients fighting cancer. We seek individuals who share our excitement about the possibilities our proprietary drug conjugation platforms offer, as well as our commitment to making a meaningful difference for patients and their families. At Mersana we have a highly collaborative culture and believe that our collective ability to make a difference exceeds the sum of our individual efforts. What's in it for you?
The biology team at Mersana Therapeutics is looking for a Ph.D. scientist to further expand our experimental tool box to characterize and develop ADC drugs.
In this role you will:
How do you know if you're the right fit?
- Identify and develop new in vitro and ex vivo assays to support various research initiatives.
- Contribute towards the mechanistic understanding of antibody-drug conjugates.
- Work closely with colleagues in Clinical Development. Translational Medicine, Non-clinical Science, Bioconjugation, and Chemistry to investigate methods that can have a direct impact on cancer patients.
- Learn the process used to develop drugs for cancer patients.
The other stuff
- Doctoral training in Cancer Biology, Immunology, Cell Biology, Pharmacology with 0~3 years post graduate experience in the field.
- Proficiency with flow cytometry, immunofluorescence, and other cell characterization skills.
- The ability to learn and develop new experimental skills, as demonstrated by your previous research projects and publications.
- A good habit of record-keeping.
- Creative thinking that allows you to test scientific questions efficiently.
- A strong interest in making an impact on patients' lives.
This role is typically best suited for a Ph.D. in cancer biology, cell biology, or related discipline, with some postdoctoral experience in academia and/or industry, and a track record of publications in top-tier peer reviewed scientific journals.
Position is eligible for bonus, option awards and benefits including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) participation, vacation and paid holidays.
Successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Mersana Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.