Title: Scientist II, Cell Biology
Location: Eugene, OR
Duration: 8 Months with possibility of extension
Shift: 8AM - 5 PM
Possibility for Temp to Perm: Possibility based on availability of permanent position
What types of interviews will be required? (phone, MS Teams, onsite, or n/a): The manager prefers MS Teams or onsite if they are local
Job Title (Scientist II, Cell Biology) - contingent
Do you have a passion for innovative ideas and groundbreaking discoveries? With over billion invested annually in R&D, at you'll help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, and improving patient diagnostics and therapies. We empower our teams to put science into meaningful action and give our R&D colleagues the autonomy, resources and tools they need to take science a step beyond.
How will you make an impact?
As part of the cell biology R&D team, you will be at the forefront of protein and cell analysis, developing fluorescent reagents and assays for flow cytometry and microscopy applications. In this role, the Scientist II will work independently and as part of a team of scientist on new product development projects and Client applications for existing reagents portfolio. The Scientist II will apply their technical skills to plan, execute, and troubleshoot cell-based laboratory experiments within set timelines, and contribute to other lab activities as required.
What will you do?
• Evaluate new fluorescence reagents in different cell models using fluorescence imaging.
• Develop cell-viability and metabolic assays for imaging applications.
• Design and conduct experiments with guidance, analyzes data, and present to team members and internal stakeholders.
• Solve problems of moderate scope using technical knowledge and design controls
• Generate data to support the use of existing and new products in different biological applications.
• Contribute scientific content and graphical data to marketing content
• Adhere to internal policies and procedures, as well as external quality standards
How will you get there?
MS degree in cell biology, molecular biology, or related field or BS with 3 years of relevant experience. Industry experience preferred
Skills and Abilities
• Practical laboratory experience in maintaining and preparing mammalian cell culture
• Experience in cell staining and treatment.
• Experience in cell viability and metabolism assays
• Experience in RNA FISH technologies and IHC
• Hand on experience with fluorescence microscopes (widefield, confocal, etc..)
• Experience with image processing techniques and common software (ImageJ)
• Demonstrated experimental accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to work towards goals and results
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to design, execute and troubleshoot experiments under moderate supervision
• Have at least one-year experience in a research laboratory setting
• Have experience with cell culture and fluorescence imaging
• Knowledge and experience working with laboratory instrum