This position is in the Purification Group of BioProcess Development Department at the Bioresearch Center. The candidate will be involved with all aspects of protein purification and protein chemistry to support biopharmaceutical process development. Responsibilities, under the supervision of a scientist:
• The candidate can develop economical, robust steps for recovering the target protein from bioreactor harvests using chromatography, filtration, and other separation techniques; developing downstream purification processes to be transferred to Manufacturing; and performing laboratory scale process characterization studies; can perform basic data acquisition and analysis, documenting in electric lab notebooks.
• The individual can perform various bioanalytical assays, including HPLC, ELISAs and SDS-PAGE, to aid in rapid process development.
• The candidate must possess strong written, oral, and collaborative skills in order to effectively communicate experimental procedures and results.
• As appropriate, the candidate may supply technical support for pilot and/or GMP manufacturing of clinical materials.
a. Basic concept of biological separations: Chromatography and membrane filtrations
b. Good understanding and lab technical skills in handling biological solutions, performing buffer preparations, acid/base titration.
c. Experience in handing lab equipment such as pumps, tubing, filtration apparatus, AKTA system, pH and conductivity meters
d. Operating analytical instrument and perform data analysis using HPLC, ELISAs and SDS-PAGE
e. good English and communication skills: written and oral for effective communication
• What are the top 5 skills/requirements this person is required have?
o Required Skill 1: basic biological scientific understanding
o Required Skill 2: routine lab technics like calculating and making chemical solutions and pipetting
o Required Skill 3: good English: written and oral for effective communication
o Required Skill 4: understanding of characterization (UV, HPLC analytical), chromatography, filtration and separation technics
o Required Skill 5: works well with others
•What years of experience, education, and/or certification is required?
A Bachelor's or Master's degree in chemical or biochemical engineering, biochemistry or biology with typically 0-2+ years of work experience with basic knowledge of protein purification and standard analytical techniques
• What type of environment is this person working in?
o Group setting
o Individual Setting
o Combination of both