Cardno is currently seeking a Senior Project Biologist to support our work in the Eastern Sierra including support for a large utility client. The successful candidate will oversee delivery of consulting services and client deliverables, develop improvements to workflow, coordinate with our interdisciplinary teams, and direct various tasks and subprograms.Job Description:
Bishop California, world famous for its surrounding scenery, outdoor recreation, and nearby trailheads to many of the Eastern Sierra natural wonders. Bishop California is also one of our Northern California communities in which we have an office. And we are hiring! Cardno is providing an opportunity for a professional who is passionate about growing a meaningful career and passionate about their outdoor recreation endeavors. Cardno's Science and Environmental team is looking for a Senior Project Biologist to manage our Eastern Sierra and western Nevada biological resource work.
Join Cardno's Science and Environment team as a Senior Project Biologist in Bishop, CA
to lead project elements for a technically and geographically diverse team. The successful candidate will have the overall responsibility to manage current work and help position Cardno for upcoming opportunities.
Are you organized, analytical, accountable, and able to lead multiple concurrent work efforts? Do colleagues, managers, and clients consistently rave about your responsiveness, quality of work, and ability to get things done? Do you continuously strive to diversify your experience, improve your skill set, and push your career forward? Cardno is currently seeking a Senior Project Biologist to support our work in the Eastern Sierra including support for a large utility client. The successful candidate will oversee delivery of consulting services and client deliverables, develop improvements to workflow, coordinate with our interdisciplinary teams, and direct various tasks and subprograms.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead and mentor both desktop and field efforts of our field crews, provide technical review of project documents, feedback and mentoring to junior staff.
- Engagement in the process and willingness to identify process improvements to provide added value to our client.
- Lead regular team meetings to ensure efficient delivery of services.
- Review workload needs to evaluate and adjust staffing needs as necessary to meet client and project goals.
- Provide expertise in environmental business development within CA and NV with a focus on northern California and the Eastern Sierra.
- Lead technical proposals for public and private clients.
- Lead and/or participate in proposal preparation and scoping exercises, such as sourcing and seeking quotes from subcontractors/suppliers.Supervise and delegate tasks to Cardno staff and/or subcontractors.
- Bachelors degree in environmental science, biology, botany, forestry or related science field.
- 10 plus years of experience.Working knowledge of State (CA) and Federal regulations.
- Demonstrated experience obtaining local, state and/or federal environmental regulatory permits.
- CEQA and NEPA compliance experience (both as an author and a reviewer).
- Knowledge of, and experience with, California flora and wildlife/avian species and habitats, particularly in the Sierra Nevada and the Great Basin.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, GPS and statistical data programs.
- Willing and able to travel to field sites and other Cardno office locations.
- Willing and able to hike/backpack into remote sites to conduct single and multi-day survey efforts.
- Ability to work well independently and with a diverse, multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced, team oriented work environment.
- Strong time management and follow-through skills, with the ability to simultaneously work on multiple tasks/projects and meet project deadlines.
- Self-motivated with strong initiative.
Equal Opportunity statement for US based applicants Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources. Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from any 3rd party agencies. No fee will be paid to 3rd parties who submit unsolicited resumes to any Cardno employee. Resumes from approved vendors must be specifically requested by Cardno and approved by the Cardno Talent Acquisition Team.
- Previous experience in the environmental planning field.
- Environmental consulting experience.
- Proven track record of building client relationships and providing client solutions.
- Experience using Salesforce and/or other project management platforms.
- Previous experience working with California Division of Fish and Wildlife and US Fish and Wildlife Service to gain necessary permits.
- Clean Water Act Sections 404 and 401 permitting.