As part of the continued growth and innovation of our Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT) sector, ERM
has an opportunity for an experienced EHS leader, with a focus on Environmental Compliance, to join our global consulting firm as a Consultant Director
in the Atlanta area
and become a true owner and shareholder in a business with Sustainability at its core.
Today, companies face a number of demands - to create innovative products, meet shareholder expectations, and operate in a socially and environmentally responsible manner. While some organizations have interpreted this last expectation as the need to simply comply with laws and regulations, many companies are actively leveraging sustainability drivers to create revenue growth, reduce costs, mitigate risks, and strengthen relationships with key stakeholders.
Recognizing that social, environmental, and safety performance have become business-critical issues for many enterprises, ERM, as the world's leading provider of EHS, risk and social consulting services, is helping companies deliver sustainable, safe, and compliant performance throughout all aspects of their operations. Our Environmental, Health, Safety & Risk Compliance team provides highly innovative services across the full breadth of sustainability auditing, information solutions, safety programs, compliance and management systems, training and corporate reporting.
We are looking for an industry leader interested in being part of this thriving global community. We are looking for an EHS Professional who combines strong consulting and business development skills related to the Technology Sector. In this role you will continue to drive growth of ERM's business through selling and delivering world-class services, recruiting and developing our next generation of leaders, and further advancing our reputation for EHS sustainability solutions.
- The opportunity to contribute significantly to key decisions, including the overall strategic direction of our organization.
- The ability to provide "thought leadership" on a wide range of technical and business issues impacting our core markets.
- An extension of ERM's market position and reach with your established relationships and client base to drive future growth.
- Primary focus on client relationship development, sales and delivery of the full spectrum of ERM's consulting services to deliver strategic value to our clients across all sectors, but in particular to the technology, media, and telecommunications sectors. In particular, play a key role in growing ERM's Environmental, Health, and Safety & Sustainability service offering across its broad portfolio of services:
- EHS compliance and permitting
- Air, water, and solid waste permitting and compliance
- Environmental audit support
- RCRA support
- ISO support
- Air quality compliance and permitting and climate change programs
- Information management systems
- EHS compliance and risk management systems development and deployment
- Product compliance and life cycle management
- EHS Management Information System (EMIS) implementation
- Corporate sustainability reporting
- Safety compliance programs, including safety performance transformation program development and deployment
- Actively develop commercial strategies to pursue and win new business opportunities that result in revenue growth with target clients aligned with ERM's global strategy as part of a high functioning, dynamic team.
- Strategically engage with regulatory agencies and stakeholders to advance our clients' business interests.
- Provide business value through high value engagements at the top levels of client organizations, raising the profile of ERM's capabilities within key client organizations, to identify and shape clients' needs for ERM services.
- Develop new client relationships and expand existing relationships by delivering strategic consulting advice, excellent value, and quality service.
- Maintain pulse on industry business cycles and prioritize sales efforts toward high-potential, top opportunities.
- Manage capture efforts utilizing technical understanding to develop proposals, including written content, pricing, presentations, and contracting.
- Contribute to leadership and management of major programs and projects to help clients proactively address their EHS and sustainability risks and challenges. Lead consulting engagements in area of expertise to achieve performance improvements and long-term change.
- Build, grow, and manage a high-performance team, serving as a leader and mentor to consultants. Identify emerging talent and work with them to reach their full potential
- Support the growth and development of ERM's global Environmental, Health, Safety & Risk Compliance services and actively collaborate with colleagues across the globe. Drive innovation within the business to stay ahead of client needs and to differentiate ERM in the market.
- Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment to build ERM's global business, as well as to lead client and technical teams.
- Meet business financial targets, overall project budget and schedule, client satisfaction/expectations, and internal and contract requirements.
Who We Are:
- BS/MS in environmental science/engineering, engineering, safety, science, or related degree.
- 15+ years' progressive EHS experience in a consulting or industry environment, working substantially with private sector clients in the Northeastern US; preferably with the technology, media and telecommunications sectors.
- Strong understanding of US-specific environmental regulations with a strong track record of strategy and tactical compliance and permitting, as well as innovation in environmental compliance (e.g. IS solutions, waste water treatment, air abatement etc.).
- Passionate about EHS performance improvement and possess substantial experience in developing and delivering world-class EHS program solutions.
- In-depth understanding of the technology, media and telecommunications and/or energy industries and the companies operating in this sector, including existing relationships that can be leveraged into new business in the Northeast and/or other industry hubs across North America and globally.
- Business acumen to understand business risk and challenges, and recognize corporate opportunities.
- Track record in delivering multimillion dollar sales results annually, including successfully winning large and strategic projects.
- Offer recognized technical expertise and an established reputation in the local marketplace (Fortune 500 technology, biotechnology, and oil and gas clients).
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!