Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Primary Responsibilities:
- Leading the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) department for the OptumRx business segment. Daily operations include managing staff and working with vendors / customers / internal departments on a wide variety of EHS issues utilizing MS Office, MS SharePoint, MS Yammer, Edge / Chrome, MS Teams, Cority, Fusion (Business Continuity Planning), and 3E (Safety Data Sheets)
- Manage department budget, staffing, performance assessments, and staff development
- Interact regularly with OptumRx Senior Executive Operations Leadership, set and communicate OptumRx EHS program strategy/goals and secure support from OptumRx senior executive leadership to implement
- Partner with pharmacy operations, logistics, procurement, and others to perform a risk assessment of the drug formulary dispensed by the pharmacy
- Maintain department business continuity plan (BCP) and serve as primary BC liaison to Enterprise Risk Management for the Audit, Recovery, and Safety department
- Participate in executive leadership partner roundtable sessions to review EHS KPIs, serve as a strategic operations partner and support senior leadership EHS related requests
- Provide coaching, career development, performance evaluation, and mentoring of EHS staff and help raise their technical knowledge through strategy deployment, competency training and continuous professional development
- Analyze EHS data for patterns, trends and report to OptumRx operations. Create safety performance dashboards and prepare KPI reports to the business segment COO
- Oversee and support the development of the EHS compliance assurance program utilizing Cority audits as the configured platform
- Oversee and support the development of a comprehensive transportation safety (DOT / IATA) compliance program (employee training, process / workflow changes, system enhancements, and audits)
- Oversee and lead the development of a comprehensive compliance training program that meets regulatory and accreditation standard requirements
- Oversee and lead the cross functional "USP General Chapter 800Hazardous Drugs -Handling in Healthcare Settings" implementation team for multiple pharmacy segments to meet EHS compliance and pharmacy accreditation requirements
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelors Science (BS) degree in science related field (i.e., Environmental Health and Safety, Engineering, Chemistry, Biology) or equivalent related experience
- 10+ years of related experience and in-depth knowledge of environment, health and safety regulations
- 1+ years of experience leading a team or influencing without authority
- Coach, mentor, educator and team oriented
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master Science degree in science related field (i.e., Environmental Health and Safety, Engineering, Chemistry, Biology)
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), or Professional Engineer (PE)
- 5+ years of experience having managed regional / distributed sites (safety)
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Clean-Room, and government regulatory requirements and guidelines
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment. Careers with OptumRx.
We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.