At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The qualified candidate is a highly motivated, interactive, and creative individual that possesses the ability to work across a highly matrixed environment and aid the advancement of the next wave of targets into preclinical drug development. The candidate is expected to effectively collaborate with colleagues across Discovery Oncology including the Exploratory Pharmacology, Drug Discovery and Translational Research groups. The successful candidate will demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication skills and will be capable of communicating these results across multidisciplinary teams. The position requires the ability to design, iterate, and champion key project initiatives and demonstrate critical thinking to challenge self and others. Qualifications and key responsibilities
- A B.S. with a minimum of 7 years of experience, or an M.S. with a minimum of 5 years of academic/industrial experience
- Demonstrated independence in experimental design, execution, data analysis, and troubleshooting is required.
- Strong scientific and hands-on experience using a wide range of cellular and molecular biology techniques, including tissue culture, flow cytometry, western blotting, ELISA, assay development, use of gene perturbation techniques (eg shRNA, CRISPR-mediated genome editing), qRT-PCR, cell proliferation assays, molecular cloning, and lentivirus generation and transduction is a requirement.
- Experience in forward and reverse genetic screening followed by target validation studies in order to elucidate mechanistic biology and oncogenic SAR is preferred.
- Experience cancer genome data mining by using desktop tools/interfaces and public databases (e.g., CBIO, TCGA, CCLE, Genepattern etc) is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in utilizing software such as Graph Pad, Microsoft office etc. for data analysis and figure generation is required.
- Ability to lead, design, and execute on project initiatives and operates to a high standard. Attention to detail with excellent organizational and record keeping skills is a requirement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally, is required.
- This position is located in Cambridge, MA. There will be less than 10% travel.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com . Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.