Scientist/Sr. Scientist, Biology - Innovation
What's in it for you?
In this role you will:
How do you know if you're the right fit?
- Be a cornerstone of our Innovation efforts by contributing ideas and experimental data, and by offering interpretation and strategy to guide project direction.
- Be able to define new areas of exploration, establish cell-based assays, and generate data that will significantly impact the direction of Mersana's Research efforts.
- Have the opportunity to immerse yourself in one of the hottest therapeutic modalities in oncology: antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs).
- In collaboration with colleagues across Research, you will learn the many facets of drug discovery from target identification and validation, to antibody discovery campaigns, to pharmacology & toxicology and ultimately to IND-enabling studies. Your work will be an integral part of the process, and you will be able to see how it affects the strategies used, results produced, and decisions made regarding our clinical programs.
The other stuff
- Been trained to conduct scientific research with rigorous thought and experimentation, and you've developed strong technical skills.
- Initiated, persevered, and succeeded in various research efforts, and have published your research on interesting biological questions.
- Mastered the field in which you currently conduct research. You're motivated by the desire to impact patients' lives through drug discovery, and you appreciate the teamwork that is critical for success.
This role is typically best suited for a Ph.D. in cancer biology, cell biology, or related discipline, with some postdoctoral experience in academia and/or industry and a track record of publications in top-tier peer reviewed scientific journals.
Position is eligible for bonus, option awards and benefits including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) participation, vacation and paid holidays.
Successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Mersana Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.