Mersana Therapeutics, Inc.
(Nasdaq: MRSN) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company using its differentiated and proprietary antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) platforms to develop highly targeted drugs with increased tolerability and expanded opportunities to deliver meaningful clinical benefit to patients. Mersana's lead product candidate, upifitamab rilsodotin (UpRi), is a Dolaflexin ADC targeting NaPi2b and is being studied in UPLIFT, a single-arm registration strategy in patients with platinum-resistant ovarian cancer, as well as in the expansion portion of a Phase 1 proof-of-concept clinical study in patients with NSCLC adenocarcinoma. XMT-1592, Mersana's second ADC product candidate targeting NaPi2b-expressing tumors, was created using Mersana's customizable and homogeneous Dolasynthen platform and is in the dose escalation portion of a Phase 1 proof-of-concept clinical study. The Company's early-stage programs include XMT-1660, a Dolasynthen ADC targeting B7-H4, as well as XMT-2056, a STING-agonist ADC developed using the Company's Immunosynthen platform. In addition, multiple partners are using Mersana's Dolaflexin platform to advance their ADC pipelines.
Mersana's mission is to discover and develop life-changing antibody-drug conjugates for patients fighting cancer. We seek individuals who share our excitement about the possibilities our proprietary drug conjugation platforms offer, as well as our commitment to making a meaningful difference for patients and their families. At Mersana we have a highly collaborative culture and believe that our collective ability to make a difference exceeds the sum of our individual efforts.
What's in it for you?
Mersana Therapeutics is looking to add a Scientist or Senior Scientist to the Dolalock ADC pipeline team.
In this role you will:
How do you know if you're the right fit?
- Identify, validate, and process new targets for ADC development.
- Lead research project through various phases towards IND-enabling studies.
- In collaboration with colleagues across Research, you will learn how drug development is pursued in Biotech and be able to make a direct contribution to our clinical programs.
- Coach and develop junior colleagues.
- Ph.D. training in one of the following fields: Cancer Biology, Cell Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry, or other life-science related discipline.
- Ideally have industry experience, especially those contributing towards IND.
- Developed a strong analytical mindset to prioritize and balance project needs
- Initiated, persevered, and succeeded in various research efforts, as demonstrated by publications.
- You're motivated to make an impact on improves cancer patients' lives through drug discovery.
- The ability to collaborate with colleagues who have different areas of expertise.
- An interest in coaching and developing team members.
The other stuff
This role is typically best suited for a Ph.D. in cancer biology, cell biology, or related discipline, with some postdoctoral experience in academia and/or industry and a track record of publications in top-tier peer reviewed scientific journals.
Position is eligible for bonus, option awards and benefits including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) participation, vacation and paid holidays.
Successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Mersana Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.