SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.Job Description
SGS Germany, Natural Resources is looking for a highly motivated person to join a team of researchers and analysts on energy and fuels used in transport sector and related topics. A candidate should show interest in and understanding of the policy and market developments in the transport sector in North America, in particular gasoline and diesel quality and interrelated vehicle emissions standards. The position will be responsible for research, analysis and reporting on policy, market and industry developments on the aforementioned topics in the US and Canadian markets. The candidate should understand technical requirements for fuels and be able to read and analyze relevant legislation and standards. The research and analytical work will be mainly conducted in cooperation with other team members as part of the bigger projects; however, in some cases, the work will be undertaken as a stand-alone project, hence own initiative and project-management skills are required from the candidate.
- Research, analysis and reporting on policy and market developments in North America in the following topics: fuels quality, vehicle emissions and alternative energies (e.g., biofuels, hydrogen, electrification) in transport, refining and vehicle industries, climate change mitigation and environment;
- Reaching out to and maintaining good relations with policy makers and industry stakeholders;
- Updating and maintaining, as necessary, the databases with global fuel quality requirements and actual market fuel quality;
- Presentations and communication on the results of research and analytical work through different communication tools such as: direct communication with clients, conferences, workshops, webinars, online presentations, etc.;
- Maintaining up-to-date reports on the topics covered, i.e. updating regularly the website which is the main tool of presenting the content to the readers;
- Contribution to and/or leading (when necessary) individual consulting projects;
- Cooperate with the Business Development Manager in developing business strategy in the region;
- Close cooperation with existing and potential clients from the region to understand their expectations and anticipate future needs;
- Other tasks as required by the supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Chemical, Environmental, Civil) or Legal/Public affairs in combination with relevant work experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the international consultancy or journalism relevant to energy, fuels, vehicle industries
- Understanding and basic knowledge of of the market on fuels quality, conventional and alternative energies in transportation (road, off-road, marine, aviation), refining, vehicle emissions, environment and climate change mitigation in North America (US and Canada).
- Research and analytical skills,
- details oriented,
- excellent writing and verbal communication skills,
- creativity, strategic thinking,
- "team spirit" - ability to work in a team, open to cooperation, willing to help others
- project management, showing initiative
- strong networking and comunication skills
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.