Facilities Director in New York City, NY
Assistant Real Estate Manager in Brooklyn, NY
Operations Sustainability Professional - Remote in New York, NY
Seasonal Lead Sales Associate in PORT JEFFERSON STATI, NY
Pharmacy Technician / Pharm Tech Apprenticeship in Town of Sidney, NY
Manager, Environmental projects, Markets Innovation
Company: Rainforest Alliance
Location: New York, NY
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 04/26/2022
Expire Date: 06/26/2022
Job Categories:Natural Resources
Manager, Environmental projects, Markets Innovation
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it's becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
At the Rainforest Alliance we are looking for a collaborative and results oriented Manager, Environmental Projects, Markets Innovation. The position will manage environmental and climate-themed projects from the Markets Innovation portfolio, including supervision of individual project teams and a new project design manager. Projects will focus on climate change accounting and mitigation, regenerative agriculture, and other topics as applicable. Projects may focus on field activities or strategic advisory services.
The manager will supervise delivery of project outcomes, and lead communication with the companies that fund the projects. The manager will assemble, guide, and or supervise the project implementation teams, ensuring technical delivery of project activities.
• Oversee and execute company-funded projects on environmental themes; ensure that deliverables and budget are met;
• Guide project offers and project activities so that they support strategic priorities of the organization and key stakeholders, and contribute to mission impact;
• Supervise a small team that will implement different project components;
• Lead communications with company partners to coordinate project activities, ensure alignment, and increase overall investment and commitment; and
• Contribute to organizational strategy on key themes, especially climate change mitigation and adaption.
• Minimum 7 years of experience in sustainability, agriculture, and climate change;
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in environmental or sustainability field
• Project management experience with corporate or institutional donors
• Experience with the private sector to set and implement sustainability goals
• Technical knowledge of regenerative agriculture, climate change mitigation and adaptation, tropical ecosystems, and agricultural supply chains
• Strong people management & interpersonal skills;
• Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Fluency in English; other languages - Spanish, French, Portuguese (desirable)
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: May 5, 2022
Only candidates authorized to work in the USA, UK, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Colombia will be considered
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com
AddThis Sharing Buttons Share to Email Share to Pinterest Share to Twitter Share to Messenger Share to Facebook Share to LinkedIn Contact Information Company Name:Rainforest Alliance
Bundle up and save! Save big when you combine your car and home insurance with our friends at Nationwide!
AWS Professional Services is a diverse, global team of experts delivering unmatched cloud solutions. Join us and help change the way the world works.
As one of the world's leading providers of technology, communications and more, Verizon's dynamic network of people is moving the world forward. You can too.
Check out this full-time federal employment program for entry-level civilian scientists and engineers with the Naval Air Warfare Center!
Let's make a list of the things you love! Whatever is important to you, our friends at Nationwide can help you protect it!
Shop the latest HBCU products in the Marketplace.