Research Associate II/Senior Research Associate - Molecular Biology
Job Code: 2022 RD006
Immunomic Therapeutics, Inc. (ITI), a privately held, pre-IPO clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the study of LAMP-mediated nucleic acid-based immunotherapy using UNITE™. Powered by LAMP (Lysosomal Associated Membrane Protein), ITI's UNITE platform is designed to utilize the body's natural biochemistry to develop vaccines that have the potential to generate broad immune responses. The UNITE™ platform has a robust history of applications in various therapeutic areas, including infectious diseases, oncology, allergy, and autoimmune diseases. ITI is primarily focused on applying the UNITE platform in oncology, where it could potentially have broad applications, including antigen-derived antibodies as biologics. The company has built a pipeline of four wholly owned oncology programs, the lead of which is in a Phase 2 clinical study for Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM).
This is an in-person, hands-on laboratory role. The duties of this position will support research in developing the UNITE® platform-based vaccines. The Research Associate / Sr. Research Associate will perform basic molecular biology research and general management in a research laboratory setting.
- DNA cloning: construct and generate plasmid DNA by following written procedures and instructions, including but not limited to PCR, gel electrophoresis, E. coli transformation, and plasmid extraction.
- RNA synthesis: produce RNA materials and perform basic quality assessment.
- Reagent preparation and ordering
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment
- Keep accurate laboratory records and data
- Perform other laboratory duties as assigned
- Interact with scientists within the department and cross functionally.
- Responsible for interfacing with outside representatives in maintaining laboratory instruments.
Competencies & Skills
- Customer Focus
- Communication/Presentation Skills (spoken, written)
- Sense of Urgency
- Collaboration Skills
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to manage, track and execute multiple priorities
- Motivated, with willingness to acquire new skills with the ability to learn quickly
- Detail oriented, good documentation practices and technical writing skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Creative and able to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic laboratory techniques
- This is a hands-on laboratory role. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds is necessary when preparing some laboratory reagent.
- Exposure to chemicals used in the lab with proper Personal Protective Equipment as required
- Ability to stand for a period of time in order to work at laboratory benches
- This role operates in a professional laboratory and office work environment
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Required Education and Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in Biology or related life science field with a minimum of 2+ years of strongly related experience for the Research Associate II position OR a Master's Degree in Biology or related life science field. The Sr. Research Associate position will require a minimum of 3-5 years related experience.
- Hands-on DNA cloning and molecular biology skills are required
- Ability to handle multiple scientific projects with a high degree of accuracy
- Operate and communicate effectively in a group and a team-oriented working environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please visit our careers site at http://www.immunomix.com/careers/. Send your cover letter and credentials as described on the Careers page along with the Job Code: 2022 RD006 in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer