Under general supervision, responsible for leading the implementation of Employee Health and Safety programs, policies, management systems and strategies in support of all facilities in assigned region. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with local leadership to develop and maintain compliant safety programs and audit processes and programs.
- Develop and implement safety initiatives to reduce the frequency of EHS incidents and claims at locations.
- Support facilities in conducting incident investigations.
- Assist in ensuring regulatory and safety training is completed and lead training sessions.
- Lead Safety Committee teams and meetings.
- Partner with HR and Workers Compensation representatives for claim follow-up.
- Complete annual regulatory reporting (environmental and safety) on behalf of locations as needed and maintain regulatory documents (environmental, safety).
- Assist in administration of hazardous material management and corporate responsibility.
- Prepare reports and communications related to EHS.
- Bachelor%26rsquo;s Degree in Safety, Environmental Health, Business or a related field.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- At least 2 years of experience in Environmental, Health, and Safety.
- Experience in Microsoft Office.
- Experience applying OSHA 10, OSHA 30, and environmental and safety regulations.
- Position requires exposure to the environmental/atmospheric conditions: Indoor conditions, cold/hot temperature changes, wet, noise, vibration, fumes, odors, dust and mechanical / electrical / chemical hazards.
- Position requires travel up to 30% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Please be aware that Medline requires all employees starting in this position to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated by their start date. Medline is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for COVID-19 consistent with federal, state, and local law PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Current First Aid, CPR, Bloodborne Pathogens and/or AED certification.
- EHS related training/certifications (OSHA 10hr, OSHA 30hr, ASP, CSP, CIH).
- Experience applying Safety and Environmental Regulations and Compliance management.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.