To provide an appropriate educational atmosphere which encourages positive student learning and to participate in a dynamic setting with other classroom teachers, administrators, curriculum specialists and other staff members in the development and implementation of the school's programs and goals.
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
2. Certification or eligible for certification by the Florida State Department of Education to teach in the State of Florida
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of prescribed curriculum and child development; ability to communicate effectively using written and oral communication skills; knowledge of current research; basic knowledge of technology; planning and organizational skills; ability to manage the classroom and supervise students; skill in analyzing, diagnosing and evaluating student progress and programs; knowledge of varied learning styles; ability to use effective, positive interpersonal skills. Commitment to a core set of beliefs about teaching, learning, and ongoing professional development.
REPORTS TO: School Principal
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Works with administrators and instructional teams to plan and implement hands-on programs and activities for students and the school.
2. Participates as an active member with other faculty and staff.
3. Participates in a cooperative effort with faculty and staff to plan, implement and evaluate programs of continuing school improvement.
4. Manages classroom and supervises proper care of equipment used.
5. Participates in personal professional growth activities focused on the acquisition of new and improved skills and knowledge.
6. Diagnoses and analyzes student progress and programs for the purpose of providing appropriate instruction based on the developmental stages of students.
7. Utilizes a variety of instructional techniques to meet the individual needs of students.
8. Utilizes technology and current research in instruction.
9. Evaluates students' progress on a regular basis.
10. Utilizes classroom management techniques conducive to an effective classroom climate.
11. Shows sensitivity to students, parents and the community and promotes student self-esteem.
12. Maintains professional relationship between school and parents.
13. Maintains contact with parents through parent-teacher conferences, telephone, or written communications.
14. Encourages parental involvement through school activities, connecting home and school.
15. Maintains all records as required, including but not limited to grade books, attendance records and student progress reports.
16. Assists in the protection of student and school property.
17. Responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by OCPS. With the support of the district, attends training to ensure skill level in various technologies is at the level required to perform in current position.
18. Responsible for timely and accurate information they maintain as part of their job responsibilities.
19. Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal.
Physical Ability: Tasks involve the ability to exert very moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, and which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (l2-20 pounds).
Sensory Requirements: Most tasks require visual perception and discrimination. Some tasks require oral communications ability. Some tasks require the ability to perceive and discriminate sounds.
Environmental Factors: Tasks are regularly performed without exposure to adverse environmental conditions such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, wetness, humidity, rain, fumes, temperature and noise extremes, machinery, vibrations, electric currents, traffic hazards, animals/wildlife, toxic/poisonous agents, violence, disease or pathogenic substances.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions as set forth in the negotiated contract between the School Board of Orange County, Florida and the Orange County Classroom Teachers Association.