CECOS is looking to hire a Senior Environmental Scientist/Project Manager for its' Deerfield Beach office location. CECOS specializes in providing environmental permitting, NEPA documentation, natural resource studies, environmental permit compliance and environmental monitoring services for public and private clients.
Requirements: Minimum requirements include a B.S degree (M.S. preferred) in environmental sciences, biology, or relevant area of study and a minimum of eight (8) years' experience in environmental permitting, NEPA documentation, conducting natural resource studies and environmental permit compliance and monitoring. Candidate should have comprehensive experience with managing delivery teams and production of environmental field studies (e.g., delineation, sampling, inspection, etc.) and office tasks (e.g., literature review, data analysis, technical report writing, and permit preparation). Should be knowledgeable in Florida state and federal permit regulations, NEPA and FDOT PD&E studies. Individual should be SCUBA certified and have knowledge of Florida's ecology, flora, and fauna. Individual should also have strong written and verbal communication skills, be able to multi-task, work independently and be a self-starter. Individual must have experience in Florida.
Specific Duties: Work as part of a Team on NEPA, environmental permitting and monitoring projects. This is a challenging position and the individual would be responsible for the following activities:
· Project management for permitting, NEPA, compliance, etc
· Manage client relations, proposal writing, and project cost estimating.
· Conduct field work (wetland delineations, marine benthic surveys, wildlife etc.).
· Prepare and edit technical reports and feasibility studies.
· Review environmental regulations and prepare project work plans.
· Prepare / review environmental permit applications, reports, etc.
· Construction site observations and field reports.
· Perform environmental compliance monitoring.
· Assist with marketing and business development efforts.
· Mentor junior environmental scientists.
Company offers competitive pay, great working environment & benefits. Primary office Location: Deerfield Beach or Miami Lakes, FL. E-mail resume: to firstname.lastname@example.org.