Fortune 500 company seeks a Health, Safety, and Environmental Engineer for their Cleveland area plant.
The HSE Engineer reports to the site HSE Manager and provides leadership, counsel, and performs as an effective facilitator to influence development of a proactive approach to safety and health.
• Act as a coach and mentor to line managers and supervisors in the area of Safety leadership and
assist them in executing their Safety responsibilities.
• Sustain existing management systems to ensure the effective execution of the Safety and Health
• Drive injury and fatality prevention and hazard assessment efforts and activities.
• Provide technical expertise in new equipment/facilities development by actively participating in
Project Safety and Health reviews, audits, and internal self-assessments.
• Provide technical expertise and participate in injury/incident investigations to assist in leading root
cause analysis and provide recommendations to prevent recurrence.
• Maintain technical expertise and provide counsel to management on applicable Local, State,
Federal, and Corporate Health and Safety regulations.
• Develop and coordinate safety training for all levels of employees.
• Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety, Health, or related sciences.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office