The purpose of J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc. (J-U-B) is Helping Each Other Create Better Communities.
We foster a teamwork environment to solve problems that improve society - while providing employees growth opportunities. We are hiring an Senior Environmental Planner/NEPA Specialist to work for our Environmental Services Group.
The primary duties of the Senior Environmental Planner/NEPA Specialist position include serving as the environmental lead various stages of project development including environmental planning, NEPA documentation and permitting. Well-developed technical writing and project management skills are a must. While serving the environmental lead on a variety of NEPA documentation and environmental projects, this position may also be responsible for data collection, agency coordination, quality control, and preparing environmental permit applications, impact analyses and technical reports related to NEPA compliance and regulatory permitting.
While applying project management skills and technical knowledge, this position:
- Prepares and assists in the development of environmental documents, resource analyses and permit applications
- Collects, interprets and analyzes data
- Prepares technical memorandums and reports
- Assists in preparation for, and participation in, public information meetings and hearings.
- Requires excellent verbal, technical writing, project management, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently in a self-directed manner, and to work collaboratively in a team-focused atmosphere
- Knowledge of federal and state environmental regulations
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree (preferred) in Environmental Policy, Environmental Science, Environmental Resource Management, Biology, or Botany
- 15 years related experience preferred
- Understanding of Federal, State and local environmental regulations and processes with agencies such as FAA, NRCS, USACE, EPA, USFWS, NOAA, and FHWA
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A working knowledge of the NEPA process, and environmental document preparation
- Demonstrated ability to accurately analyze information, make sound decisions, lead projects to completion and meet deadlines
- Well organized team player, able to coordinate with project team members to ensure that quality work is completed in a timely manner
Salary range starts at $92,000 plus / Negotiable by experience. In addition to your great salary, J-U-B also offers a competitive benefit package including insurances, bonuses for qualified employees, a flexible work schedule, and the ability to work in a team-centered, collaborative, and supportive atmosphere.