Semo Milling, LLC is seeking qualified candidates for the position of EHS Manager at our dry corn milling facility in Scott City, MO. Please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Environmental & Health Safety Manager
I. Position Purpose
Reporting to the Director of Operations, this position provides full-time environmental support to operations and is responsible for development and implementation of Health Safety programs, company compliance including environmental (air & water) and OSHA (safety training and compliance), assisting with the development, organization, and execution of plant projects. This position is responsible for aligning the health safety & environmental operations in accordance with other company functions to the Vision, Values and Strategic Objectives of this organization.
II. Position Responsibilities and Duties
The responsibilities and associated duties for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
Health Safety Management
· Foster a culture of personnel safety.
· Establish health safety programs (behavior-based safety, observations and feedback, safety team).
· Develop plant safety policies (fall restraint, lockout tagout, PPE's, hot work permits, forklift etc.).
· Manage all safety training requirements.
Environmental and OSHA Compliance Management
· Assure all OSHA requirements and training procedures are followed properly.
· Assure all Local, State and Federal permitting and compliance requirements are met.
· Assure that all air quality, chemical and water environmental compliance is in order with necessary agencies.
· Supervise and evaluate the performance of the Sanitation Technicians
· Monitor and assess plant cleaning and sanitation to ensure compliance with GMP's and maintain BRC AA rating.
· Maintain necessary records for BRS and GMP-related programs.
Plant Project Management Assistance
· Assist with projects at the request of the Director of Operations.
General Management and Leadership
· Ensure all regulatory compliance.
· Follow established Human Resources procedures.
· Ensure proper staffing, training, and adherence to area SOP's.
· Foster safe working environment.
· Develop key process indicators to measure safety and compliance.
· Provide feedback to operations team as needed.
· Foster good working relationships with other managers and supervisors.
· Ensure that ongoing continuous improvement is achieved.
· Utilize the Integrated Management System.
Open Communications to be a team-player and do other tasks as necessary.
III. Essential Skills
This position actively engages in daily operations and is engaged in cross-functional management teams to develop and support policies and procedures in accordance with the company's Vision, Values and Strategic Objectives. Proven experience with project, regulatory and health safety management is critical to this position. In addition, good oral and written communication skills, computer literacy, strong leadership skills, organizational skills and the ability to effectively work with and direct a team environment are critical.
Bachelor's Degree preferred
5 years Health Safety Management, Food Processing or Grain Milling experience
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
Hands on engagement of projects, automation, and facility breakdowns through historical experiences; deep knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures to handle complex tasks; and proven engineering solutions to operations.
IV. Physical and Mental Requirements
This position requires physical and mental alertness, attentiveness and stamina for the length of an entire 8-12 hour work shift each day. Occasional to frequent lifting of 50-100 pounds, frequent changing from a seated to standing position and occasional to frequent stair climbing are all physical demands of this position.