L&A is seeking an experienced environmental scientist or environmental planner for our NEPA practice. The successful candidate will support roadway, transit and aviation projects and task order agreements that require compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act in both a technical and deputy project management role. This is a full-time position (>32 hours per week) working directly with the NEPA practice leaders. Specific responsibilities will include:
- NEPA Task Leader: Serve as task leader or deputy project manager for NEPA-related environmental studies for transportation projects for ODOT, airports and transit agencies.
- Environmental and Planning Studies: Prepare NEPA documents and supporting studies such as Purpose and Need; social, economic and community impacts; Underserved Populations, Section 4(f); farmland impacts, qualitative MSAT, and noise analyses.
- Public Outreach: Prepare public involvement materials (exhibits, handouts, news releases, mailing lists, etc.) and lead public outreach activities.
Qualified candidates will possess a bachelor's degree, preferably in environmental science, planning, or engineering-related field, and at least 2 years of transportation-related environmental consulting experience. ODOT training relative to Environmental Document Preparation is desired.Requirements
The required competencies and skills include:
- Effective communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong technical writing skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products
We offer industry-competitive salaries, hybrid work flexibility, medical, dental, life and disability insurance, a fully vested 401(K) retirement plan with 100% match, paid holidays and sick time. Successful candidates must have an acceptable driving record, be willing to travel and pass a background check. Please send your resume in word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference NEPASP2022 in all correspondence. Lawhon & Associates, Inc
. provides full-service environmental engineering and consulting services to solve environmental issues for the public and private sector. The company was established in 1985 to serve an emerging market in asbestos/lead management. Over the past 36 years, our services have grown to include environmental site investigations and remediation; environmental permitting; ecological and wetland services; cultural and historic resources evaluations; indoor environmental quality studies; and NEPA compliance. We have over 35 professionals on staff with expertise and experience relevant to the services we offer. To learn more about Lawhon & Associates, Inc., please visit our website at www.lawhon-assoc.com.