EHS Manager Location
: Statesville, NCReports to
: Plant ManagerFLSA Status
: ExemptPurposeThe EHS Manager will design, develop, implement and oversee the organization's environmental health and safety programs and procedures to safeguard employees and surrounding communities. The Plant EHS manager will also ensure that the facility is in compliance with all regulations (OSHA, EPA, etc.)Responsibilities
- Manage the site's Integrated Environmental, Health & Safety system to foster a working environment that promotes safety, productivity and adherence to company Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) policies and procedures, standard operating procedures and federal/state regulations.
- Drive and promote safety culture and employee engagement throughout the business and lead the facilities safety committee.
- Exhibit a strong shop floor presence to drive and promote safety cultures.
- Use established EHS data processes to manage and report data such as injuries and illnesses, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information. Analyze safety data to lead and coordinate the safety effort for continual improvement.
- Oversee and assist site managers/supervisors in all accident investigations and ensure proper documentation and follow-up is executed to completion.
- Ensure ISO, Internal and housekeeping audits are completed on a regular basis to detect existing or potential risks and hazards. Ensure the recommended corrective or preventative measures are completed.
- Ensure contractors have implemented an effective safety process by conducting pre-qualifications and by visiting/auditing work in progress on a regular basis.
- Organize and manage teams to identify and implement safety improvements.
- Drive incident and near miss reporting. Perform root cause analysis on incidents and injuries to determine specific actions needed to prevent their recurrence. Manages worker's comp cases.
- Evaluate non-standard tasks to uncover risks and identify corrective actions.
- Complete risk assessments and recommend control measures for all potential areas of concern and overseeing the Management of Change (MOC) process.
- Manage the safety data sheet and new chemical request process.
- Oversee the facility emergency response team to ensure appropriate training in emergency response, spill response, disaster preparedness and crisis management.
- Develop an annual training plan that outlines who will be trained, the training topics and the estimated date(s) that training will be conducted. As a minimum, training programs must meet all applicable legal requirements.
- Manage all aspects pertaining to the reporting, recordkeeping, management and follow-up related to safety training, safety certifications and licensing, inspections and audits, complaints, and follow-up actions and abatements.
- Serve as the primary Safety & Health contact for facility Safety & Health concerns and work with employees to resolve safety issues.
- Maintain the facilities document control system for Lock-out-tagout (ZES) procedures and Behavioral Job Analysis (BJA) documents.
- Keep the facility management team informed of safety and environmental concerns.
- Complete a compliance calendar for all required activities and reporting obligations.
- Experience with Title V environmental reporting/permitting (AERO and ACC)
- Development of Safety Data Sheets and familiarity of Prop 65, REACH, RoHS, and CPSIA.
- Develop targets and objectives for continuous improvement of the facilities sustainability efforts
It is a great time to join 3A!
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 Years of EHS experience (minimum)
- Knowledgeable of State and Federal regulations relative to safety, health, environment and workers compensation or ability to acquire quickly.
- Must be able to interface effectively across all levels.
- Considerable knowledge of all State and Federal regulations relative to safety, health, environment, and worker's compensation.
- Good knowledge of operations or the ability to acquire it quickly.
- Ability to maintain accurate and current records to generate complete and timely reports.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with the shop floor and leadership team.
- Certified Safety Professional certification strongly desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Infrequent travel to other 3A facilities
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
3A Composites is a leading player in segments such as composite panels for high-quality facades and display applications. In the United States, its best-known brands are Alucobond®, Dibond®, Gatorfoam®, Sintra®, and Fome-Cor®.What we offer to you:
- Competitive pay + bonus program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits start on Day 1
- Discounted medical premiums by participating in 3A's wellness program
- Company-paid Life & Disability Insurance
- An industry-leading 401k contribution up to 7%
- Internal job growth and mobility
- Gym / Fitness Club Reimbursement Program