Team Lead - Synthetic LethalityLocation:
Upper ProvidenceJob Summary
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate for the role of Team Lead to join the growing Synthetic Lethality team. A successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing standardized, protocol-driven lab-based work (i.e.; maintaining mammalian cell lines, protein isolation, stocking reagents and supplies, etc.) and working with scientists to navigate various customer processes to execute external work. This role will be responsible for training and coordination of the research technicians working for Synthetic Lethality. In this position, the candidate will work within a matrix, collaborative, fast-paced, team environment across a diverse biotherapeutic portfolio within the company.Job Responsibilities
- Provide high quality laboratory support to the Synthetic Lethality team.
- Support multiple ongoing large-scale cell-based projects that are critical to the success and future of the department utilizing lab skills to include mammalian cell culturing, cell proliferation, protein isolation, and viral transduction.
- Generate and analyze data with the highest Data Integrity standards.
- Operate and maintain laboratory instrumentation and robotics, including liquid sample handling platforms.
- Continue technological improvements to increase productivity and cost-efficiency.
- Data reporting, management, and interactions as appropriate with the teams.
- Work with GSK scientists to ensure external outsourcing of In Vivo/In Vitro work is done compliantly and expeditiously.
- Provide lab coordination services surrounding the management of consumables, biological reagents, capital purchasing, and equipment maintenance.
- Ensure compliance with all R&D data integrity practices, ethics codes, standards and training, and safety training and practice
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's in Biology, Biotechnology or Biomedical sciences fields with laboratory research experience in an laboratory environment.
- 3 year of technical expertise in cell culture, general lab instrumentation, cell-based assays.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Previous experience in biotech and/or pharmaceutical drug discovery.
- Experience with the any/all of the following: CellTiter Glo, Caspase Glo, Incucyte, western blot, Jess, Li-Cor, BacMam, Lentivirus
- Design and executes new and established methods and protocols.
- Ability meet timelines successfully with the utmost attention to detail while setting high performance standards.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and communicate complex scientific data.
- Ability to lead teams and deliver high-quality, consistent results in a timely fashion.
- The overall physical exertion of this position may require:
- Sit or stand 2-3 hours in laboratory areas.
- Walk 2-3 hours within a facility.
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist.
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Office work activities, including keyboard, with fingers/hands/arms up to 4 hours.
- Work around moving laboratory equipment and machinery.
- Use of personal protective equipment in laboratory.
- Work with biohazards such as blood borne pathogens.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Employee may be required to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include: Identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, labeling.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.