Global manufacturing company seeks an EHS Manager for their Birmingham area plant. Company offers a very competitive compensation package as well as excellent benefits.
Responsible for planning, scheduling, and coordinating departmental activities of a comprehensive Safety, Health, and Environmental program addressing all areas of operations in compliance with local, site, and federal OSHA requirements and Company Policies. Part of the plant management team reporting direct to the Plant Manager. This position has 2 direct reports and budget responsibility.
- Develops and executes strategic departmental long- and short-range plans to support the company vision and mission as it relates to environmental, safety, and health of the workplace
- Develops, deploys, promotes and maintains health and safety management systems including policies, programs, procedures, and processes designed to identify hazards, assess risk and identify solutions to manage risk and ensure compliance with applicable regulations and company requirements
- Mage the effective operation and administration of the plants environmental, health & Safety management systems to ensure system reliability for maximum performance
- Develops coordinators, managers, and associates through coaching, feedback, and continued training activities to assist them in developing skills and talents necessary to execute their health and safety responsibilities
- Manages environmental health and safety-related communication flow and coordination between departmental resources for safety performance, improvement strategies/initiatives and compliance issues
- Serves as liaison for regulatory agencies and for effective case management with the worker compensation carrier
- Establishes, implements, and ensures compliance in investigating and reporting incidents involving injuries, illnesses, property damage, and near miss cases
- Audits facility for environmental/safety compliance to federal, state, and local regulations as well as company standards and initiates any required improvements
- Acts as consultant to the leadership team and associates for all safety and health issues
- Designs, implements, reviews, and leads safety related training programs for associates
- Ensures safety and environmental compliance to all federal, state, and local safety regulations
- Bachelor of Science in Safety and Health, Engineering, or relevant area of study
- 7+ years professional experience in health and safety in a manufacturing environment
- CSP is a plus