Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with the leading medical research center in the world. We are seeking a Biologist
at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
- Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
- Access to NIH's unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
. The contractor shall:
(1) Perform a wide range of complex procedures and techniques including, cell culture, molecular biology, DNA/RNA analysis, DNA/RNA isolation, DNA/RNA purification, Single cell Smartseq, DNA/RNA next generation (Illumina) sequencing, gene cloning.
(2) Conduct research including planning and conducting experiments and data analysis.
(3) Calibrate and operate a variety of laboratory instruments.
(4) Collaborate with scientists from other organizations or institutions involved in similar or related research projects.
(5) Collaborate with students, post-doctoral fellows and non-doctoral research technicians on experimental design and laboratory-based methodologies.
(6) Maintain accurate daily records of experiments to include the organization and archiving of research data properly.
(7) Manage project pipeline for the Vaccine Immunology Program.
(8) Maintain, operate, and optimize robotics to increase library prep throughput and sample clean-up.
(9) Integrate single cell next generation sequencing instruments (NextSeq, Miseq, 10x Chromium) to increase the project versatility of the Genome Analysis Core.
(10) Produce high quality scientific data and analysis consistently using new methods such as single cell sequencing.
(11) Help train post-baccalaureate IRTAs in molecular biology assays in the core.
(12) Train collaborators in molecular biology assays performed by the core.
(13) Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in a BSL-2 laboratory.
(14) Work collaboratively with team members to complete all tasks for the day, but also be accountable as an individual for personal tasks.
(15) Utilize various laboratory equipment such as Biological Safety Cabinet (BSC), centrifuge, pipettes, liquid nitrogen tank, and others.
(16) Perform basic equipment maintenance as needed.
(17) Write and revise SOPs within VIP's electronic database.REQUIREMENTS
. The contractor must have:
(1) BS with 2+ years of experience in a BSL-2 laboratory, with flow cytometry, sequencing and analysis preferred.
(2) IT skills such that candidate knows or can quickly learn to utilize LIMS, CQMS, Microsoft Office, etc.
(3) Ability to work well with others and independently.
(4) Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and guidelines and ethics that govern research.
(5) Experience in vaccine and viral immunology preferred.
(6) Proactive Problem Solving - Anticipates potential issues and innovates to resolve them.
(7) Strong organization and time management skills.
(8) Detail oriented while performing laboratory tasks.
(9) Ability to perform under time constraints and meet deadlines.
(10) Follows directions and protocols without deviations.
(11) Critical thinking to optimize workflows.
(12) Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
(13) Ability to multi-task in a high-volume fast paced work environment.PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren't contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly's Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what's next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.