This position will develop and implement programs to ensure environmental compliance with applicable state, federal, local, and permitting requirements and reduce overall environmental impact. Key responsibilities:
· Manage environmental project and compliance activities.
· Prepare and submit facility environmental reports to regulatory agencies.
· Perform statistical analysis, prepare reports, maintain appropriate compliance records, and file required documents with various regulatory agencies within deadlines.
· Plan and support execution of sampling, testing, and monitoring of regulated pollutants.
· Evaluate current and proposed codes, standards, regulations, and guidelines to determine the impact on current and future activities.
· Complete site inspections and audits providing recommendations and ensuring follow-up on corrective actions.
· Work with facility personnel to gather necessary information for the preparation of environmental permit applications.
· Facilitate agency inspections and work with plant leadership team to demonstrate compliance.
· Analyze the environmental performance of the operation and communicate results.
· Develop compliance strategy(s) to meet regulatory requirements.
· Track environmental compliance schedules and deadlines and ensure timely completion of required activities.
· Identify environmental issues that require capital expenditure, assist in the preparation of funding requests, and support the implementation of the chosen solution.
· Conduct critical environmental training for plant employees.
· Develop action plans to reduce environmental impacts.
· Develop community environmental awareness programs and represent Company in public forums.
· Bachelor's Degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Environmental Engineering preferred.
· 5-7 year's environmental experience with air and water regulations, including NSPS, PSD/NSR, NESHAP, and Title V in a manufacturing environment.
· Familiarity with local state environmental regulations a plus.
· Strong communication ability, both verbal and written
· Organizational skills
· Ability to manage multiple project deadlines
· Public speaking and presentation skills
· Negotiation skills