We are currently seeking a Substation Construction Coordinator
to work with Dominion Energy on Construction Projects. This is a field position and candidate must have experience with environmental compliance in relation to land clearing and construction projects. We are looking for an energetic professional who enjoys working outdoors and values the freedom of working independently. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment and the challenges of a rewarding profession, consider a career in environmental compliance with ECI.
During these uncertain times, you can take pride in knowing you are an essential employee
. Our team members work independently in an outdoor environment and follow all CDC recommended guidelines and company safety protocols relevant to COVID-19.
Some of the most important characteristics of ECI Transmission Substation Construction Coordinator
is that you are open-minded and able to engage in safe, constructive interactions with the public. You are accountable for advancing a culture of safety and excellence while providing quality and value to our customers and clients. This position is eligible for a $500 sign-on bonus! WHAT WE OFFER:
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Industry competitive pay.
- Company vehicle with fuel card to take to and from home & work.
- Medical/Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, effective Day 1 for full time team members.
- 401K eligibility.
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Leave.
- Weekly pay checks and direct deposit.
- Participation in Employee Referral Program (must meet eligibility requirements).
- Boot and clothing program (company funded).
- Ongoing training and assistance with obtaining industry certifications.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Interpret construction drawings, technical specifications, and contract documents for site-civil projects.
- Provides field technical support in multiple construction specializations such as field construction management, environmental compliance, erosion/ sedimentation control, civil site work and road construction.
- Assure that all field operations are in compliance with permits, including road use permits, natural resource protection act permits, Corp of Engineers permits, etc.
- Manage SWPPP (Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan) for utility transmission construction sites.
- Document pre and post-work field conditions to make sure that sites are in compliance with permits and environmental regulations and there are no conditions that require mitigation or restoration.
- Communicate daily with the utility client, contractors, landowners and the general public. Performing duties in a manner that will promote and maintain good public relations.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
WHAT WOULD BE AMAZING TO HAVE:
- Environmental Science, Construction Management, Building Science, or a degree related to these fields. Or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related field experience in civil construction disciplines
- Flexibility to travel 3 or more nights per week.
- Desire to work outdoors in various weather conditions and terrain.
- Strong public relation skills/ ability to interface with the public.
- Willingness to work alone.
- Basic computer skills.
- Valid driver's license.
- Prior experience in Site work for utility construction and Substation construction is a plus.
- Substantial amount of background in the Electric Transmission Construction, Pipeline, Utility field.
- Erosion and Sedimentation Inspector Certification with DEQ.
- Storm water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) book knowledge.
- Previous construction crew oversight experience.
- GIS Experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge ANSI Z133 safety standards.
- Having a military background is a plus.
- Bi-Lingual speaking (English and Spanish) is a plus.
Work alone in an outdoor field environment; vehicle and foot patrol of utility power lines; remote locations as well as urban, city environment; physical demands and travel from site to site, including walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven, rough, steep terrain, hills, and slopes; exposure to noise, dust, grease, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; exposure to hazardous traffic conditions. Reasonable accommodations, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.Physical
The team member must have sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a field environment; to walk up to 10 miles per day, stand, sit, and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, run, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp and make repetitive hand, arm and shoulder movement in the performance of daily duties (e.g., forcefully beat down brush); carry, push and/or pull light to heavy amounts of weight, frequently lift up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 60 lbs. (sandbags); to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; ability to verbally communicate to exchange information with public; ability to see and hear in normal range with or without correction; operate assigned field equipment, including handheld computer, range finder, and traffic cone.Company Overview
Environmental Consultants (ECI) is a leading provider of vegetation and asset management consulting services to the utility industry. Successful professionals at ECI have come from a variety of backgrounds, including forestry, arboriculture, natural resource management, biology, landscape maintenance, horticulture, nursery management, environmental sciences, geology, agriculture, parks & recreation management, urban forestry, geography, and more. For more information visit our website www.eci-consulting.com.Applicants must pass a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check.All candidates must possess a valid driver's license and have a good driving record.ECI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA: Minority/Female/ Vets/Disabled.