Medix Life Sciences
is seeking to hire a Lead Microbiologist to join an innovative nutritional formulation and manufacturing company in Carlsbad, CA.Overview:
- Joining a dynamic and agile team of microbiologist impacting the nutraceutical space
- Lead a team of 5 microbiologists
- Must have extensive sanitation experience
- Responsible for microbiological testing and training and the development of microbiological test methods for raw material and finished products.
- Oversees and performs routine and non-routine microbiological testing on raw materials, in-process and finished products using compendial methods such as USP, AOAC, FDA-BAM and in- house validated methods on the rapid automated system.
- Performs water sampling at various ports and performs bioburden, TOC and conductivity testing.
- Performs retesting of out-of-specification (OOS) results
Compensation & Benefits:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in microbiology, chemistry, biology, biochemistry or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience working microbiological lab, preferably in a regulated GMP industry
- Extensive sanitation experience
- Proficiency in aseptic technique, serial dilutions, quantitative enumeration of microorganisms, and preparation of test media.
- Experience with microbiological testing such as Bioburden and environmental monitoring
- Competitive base salary depending on experience as well as 401k plan, dental, health and vision benefits!
- Monday- Friday
- On site, full time ; standard business hours
If interested, please ‘Apply' directly or email resumes to: email@example.com