Reaction Biology (RB) is a private pharmaceutical research company. We provide contract research services to over 1500 clients worldwide through our labs in Malvern, PA and Freiburg, Germany. We are currently seeking a Senior Scientist for our Malvern, PA facility. We are looking for a reliable and motivated individual with a strong science background to work in our lab.
The successful candidate will independently plan and execute internal and external research service projects in an accurate, reproducible, and timely manner.Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in a cell-based laboratory, and plan and execute research service projects in an accurate, reproducible, and timely manner.
- Develop/establish new cell-based assays
- Evaluate test compounds in multiple cell-based assays, such as cell viability and proliferation, apoptosis, cell migration/invasion, protein degradation, immuno-oncology, and NanoBRET target engagement cellular kinase assays, write assay protocols, analyze data, and write reports.
- Conduct high quality bench experiments in accordance with RBC policies and SOPs.
- Troubleshoot various procedures and assays as issues arise during the course of an experiment.
- Assist junior scientists and lab technicians
- Communicate with clients and potential clients and answer clients' technical and scientific questions
- Work on other tasks as directed by management.
- Ph.D. in biological sciences with 3 years of industrial experience and good publication record
- Experience in protein degradation/PROTAC, immuno-oncology assays, and gene editing CRISPR technology is preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in new assay development
- Experience with compound screening is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to learn new skills and scientific knowledge and take on additional capabilities
- The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, detail-oriented scientist with a high degree of scientific integrity.
- The candidate is expected to be able to work independently with minimal supervision in a team-orientated environment and have excellent multi-tasking and time management skills.
Finally, all employees are obligated to meet the highest standards with respect to honesty, accuracy, conflict of interest, intellectual property rights, confidentiality and respect for information sources and readers.
Benefits at RB include health insurance, 401-K plan, and paid vacations. RB is an equal opportunity employer.