This is an ideal position for Scientist with a background in chemical biology, cell biology or early stage drug development who thrives in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and cross disciplinary biotechnology environment. This candidate will have a hands-on-role and will contribute to all phases of discovery research to support the development of optimized nucleic acid therapies.
Our ideal candidate will bring a wide breadth of experience and outside the box thinking. This candidate will be extremely skilled in the art of cell biology, or chemical biology and are excited by the use of nucleic acids as information rich therapeutics. Our candidate may have experiences ranging from genomics to chemical synthesis as well, and these skills would be highly preferred. In this role you will work closely with our biology and chemistry teams to design and optimize the discovery of next generation oligonucleotide therapeutics. Experience in RNA or RNAi biology is a plus.
· Designing, planning, troubleshooting, and analyzing a broad range of chemical biology or cell biology problems in the development of Elsie's proprietary drug discovery platform.
· Leading the charge to pioneer novel oligonucleotide therapeutic screening modalities
· Analyzing, documenting, and regularly presenting scientific data to the team
· Keeping up to date with scientific literature to implement learnings in experimental design
Required Qualifications and Experience:
· Ph.D. degree in Chemical Biology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, or related field
· Familiarity with cell biology or chemical biology techniques, processes, and experimental design
· Experience with mammalian tissue culture
· Experience with designing and optimizing cell based and biochemical assays
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
· Familiarity with flow cytometry is preferred
· Familiarity with basic NGS, theory and library preparation techniques is a plus