Job Title - In Vivo Research Support SpecialistLocation: South San Francisco, CADuration: 18 Months **100% On Site Role - COVID Vaccine Mandate Compliance Required** Description
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Support Specialist to join our In vivo Research Support team. The selected candidate will be responsible for the daily study support needs of our therapeutic areas and collaborates with scientists and key stakeholders to maintain operational performance levels consistent with and according to Client's biology's expectations and standards. Hands on experience and substantiated knowledge with preclinical rodent models is required. The successful candidate will be proficient in basic in vitro laboratory skills and familiar with ex vivo sample processing and analysis. Qualifications
Candidates should have training in a relevant field (BS or MS) with a minimum of 2-3 years of post-graduate hands on experience or demonstrate equivalent work experience in murine models of cancer, inflammation and/or immunology. Relocation will not be provided for this position.
Candidates should have experience in the design, execution and analysis of immunological, tumor, and/or pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) studies. Proficiency in murine handling techniques such as IV, IP, oral dosing, in life and terminal blood collection, and handling of tissues during necropsy and processing for ex vivo analysis is critical for this role. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team is essential. Education:
Bachelor's degree in Animal Science or related discipline preferred.
• Experience: Two to three years of laboratory animal facility experience. Knowledge of and experience with USDA regulations, laboratory animal welfare guidelines and AAALAC, International guidelines. One year of computer experience with MSWord, PowerPoint and Excel programs and administrative experience in support of site operations required.
• Certification/Licensure: AALAS certification at the Technologist (LAT) level. Knowledge, skills, abilities and personal characteristics
• Demonstrated ability to adapt and respond timely to the needs of research personnel to ensure that excellent customer service is provided at all times.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and plan and study request with minimum supervision.
• Working knowledge of laboratory animal equipment and supplies, for a variety of common laboratory animals and personal protective equipment requirements for various bio-safety levels.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- • The position requires direct contact with a variety of laboratory animal species.