We're supporting a client in the PA area seeking an experienced Molecular Biologist:Summary
The Clinical Lab Scientist is a technically-trained laboratory professional who accessions, processes, analyzes and reports high complexity tests. This role reports to the Clinical Lab Manager.Essential Functions
Required Education and Experience
- Executes life-cycle laboratory activities with a primary focus on blood testing in compliance with good clinical laboratory practices and/or CLIA as applicable.
- Ensures proper documentation, equipment maintenance and inspection of reagents.
- Assists with writing and reviewing SOP's.
- Identifies and recommends technical/process improvement opportunities within the clinical laboratory environment.
- Participation in process improvement projects, assay transfers, assay implementation, inter-instrument comparison testing, assay and instrument qualification procedures.
- Ensures all work is conducted in accordance with written procedures (e.g. quality and safety).
- If necessary, interfaces with R&D or Manufacturing Scientists regarding upcoming cross-functional projects that leverage the clinical lab.
- AS or BS in Science, Medical Technology, Medical Laboratory Science or Cytotechnology.
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems and molecular technologies preferred but
- not required. Experience in CLIA/CAP regulated laboratories is preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-functional environment.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Word, etc. in addition to experience working within shared work(network) environments.