The purpose of the Cancer Biology & Immunology Research Associate I is to provide support with in vitro client studies and help with in vivo studies aligned with Company's goals, objectives and quality standards.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Primary responsibility for all aspects of mammalian cell culture, including media and buffer preparation, culture initiation, maintaining aseptic technique, propagation, and cryopreservation of cells, including primary human cells from commercial and/or patient sources.
- Preparation of cells to meet the demands of multiple concurrent projects that will require flexible work hours working in concert with different teams.
- Performance of basic laboratory protocol studies, including basic calculations, data collection and analysis.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses.
- Contribute to project process with scientific discipline through research.
- Write and/or review SOPs when needed.
- Adherence to Quality System.
- Maintain relevant laboratory supplies and equipment as needed.
- Responsible for handling samples in liquid nitrogen and tracking in FreezerPro software.
- Providing general group support by cleaning, general supply stocking, and ordering of supplies.
- Responsible for tracking time spent on projects (project logs).
- Willing to be trained on more complex procedures and take on new responsibilities as needed.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Biology, Biotechnology or other relevant area of scientific discipline.
- 1- 2 years of Immunology laboratory experience preferred.
- Understanding of basic biomethods (aseptic techniques, cell biology, tissue culture, tissue processing, cryopreservation, cell counting, etc.) is preferred.
- Comfortable using computers, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, e-mail, and internet.
- Exceptional organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills.
- Able to multi-task with a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy.
- Willing and able to work within a Quality System with oversight by QA and other regulatory bodies.
- Able to troubleshoot effectively and solve scientific problems with moderate supervision.
- Able to find, read, and understand relevant scientific literature.
- Willing and able to work under the pressure of deadlines and find solutions to meet timelines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Requires physical dexterity of fingers, hands, wrists, and arms.
- Requires overtime hours to be worked, as well as possible work on weekends and holidays.
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Prolonged computer usage.
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Frequently required to use repetitive hand/wrist/arm motion.
- BSL-2 Lab Environment.
- Normal office environment.