RECARO Automotive is a global leader in performance and comfort automotive seating. With 425 employees operating in 3 manufacturing/assembly plants in 3 countries worldwide, we produce and deliver automotive seating for aftermarket, racing, ergonomic, commercial, and all major OEMs. From complete seating systems to individual components, our expertise spans every step of the automotive seat-making process. Our integrated, in-house skills allow us to take our products from research and design all the way to engineering and manufacturing. To learn more, please visit recaro-automotive.com.Overview:
The Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Coordinator is responsible for the development, implementation, and administration of all applicable environmental, health and safety programs and policies for the organization. The EHS Coordinator will develop, update, and train employees on EHS policies and procedures. As required, the EHS will audit/inspect, collect and analyze data required for all environmental and safety reporting compliance with federal, state, and local regulations. The EHS role will be the lead for the company health and safety initiative, and will engage with employees throughout the organization and champion the facilities risk management program through the Business Operating System (BOS). The overall goal of the program is to minimize the physical and financial exposure resulting from potential alleged or actual on the job injury/illness and/or environmental compliance.Key Responsibilities:
?Requirements & Qualifications:
- Work with management to build a proactive safety culture in the organization. Thereby creating an environment where employees and supervision are engaged in working safely every day.
- Implement, control, maintain and improve the EHS Management system including achieving and maintaining certifications.
- Develop and implement EHS programs, policies, procedures and best practices. Implement new regulatory requirements and provide control measures that reduce or eliminate risks to the organization.
- Conduct and/or oversee EHS assessments/audits at the facility, (whether internal, or from the organization/3rd party auditors or regulatory agencies). Identify areas for improvement and lead corrective actions. Report EHS results to leadership team.
- Develop, present and/or oversee EHS related training in compliance with regulatory compliance or industry best practices. Document all training sessions.
- Investigate all injuries/illness, near-miss, 3rd party and environmental incidents. Determine root cause of incidents and provide corrective action plan. Record and maintain OSHA 300 and 301 logs for organization. Manage and track injury and illness data and environmental metrics. Lead reduction in injury and illness rates and environmental impact and cost.
- Prepare, maintain, and comply with federal, state, and local agency environmental reporting and permitting with organizational standards.
- Advise management on all EHS legislation and legal requirements and ensure organization is compliant.
- Lead the achieving and maintain certification to ISO 14001:2015 environmental management system.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and minimum of 3-4 years related experience, manufacturing environment experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of the EHS function and requirements within an organization.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret governmental regulations along with the ability to write, create, and implement safety programs, policies, and procedures.
- A working knowledge of Workers Compensation regulations and case management.
- Ability to effectively present and train organization employees on EHS programs and procedures.
- Effective oral, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Proficient in MS-Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- PLEX knowledge is preferred, but not required.
At RECARO Automotive, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! RECARO Automotive is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations. To all recruitment agencies:
RECARO Automotive does not accept agency resumes
. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other RECARO Automotive employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.