Technical Program Manager, Biology
In this highly visible and cross-functional role, Technical Program Manager will work with scientific and technical teams in the planning and execution of project(s) having an internal focus from initiation through delivery.Responsibilities
- You will organize activities across different groups, ensuring completion of the project within scope and schedule requirements and also help plan and direct new workflow implementation efforts.
- Develop detailed timelines for programs, ensure they are executable and drive execution efforts to deliver on time.
- Manage program risks and ensure that mitigation strategies are in place.
- Manage data review meetings for the programs and ensure key decision points are identified and executed upon.
- You will report to the Director of Project Management and work to support our scientific strategy by planning activities, tracking activities and holding stakeholders accountable to project tasks.
- Simultaneously balance activities between multiple projects of various scope.
- Identify areas of improvement, facilitate ideas and implement solutions.
- Track all activities using project management software; use technology to foster better communication between teams in business processes and experimental handoffs.
Huge plus (but not required):
- BS/MS Degree in a biological science related field and 5+ years experience in the biotech field in a project management role
- Working knowledge of project management software (MS Project, Asana, SmartSheet, etc.)
- Familiar with workflows involving: cloning, strain engineering, high-throughput screening, fermentation, protein purification, and analytical chemistry.
- Pro-active mentality and track record of facilitating teams through the resolution of challenges related to business processes or scientific workflows.
- Project management training.
- In-depth or hands-on experience with Asana or other project management software.
- Any in-depth experience in one (or more) areas in the workflows mentioned.