Our mission is to restore cell health and resilience through cellular rejuvenation programming to reverse disease, injury, and the disabilities that occur throughout life.
For more information, see our website at altoslabs.com. What We Want You To Know
We want our employees to bring their whole selves to work and be recognized for the talents, perspectives, and unique life and career experiences they bring. We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to spur innovation.
What You Will Contribute to Altos
We are looking for research associates who are enthusiastic and excited about reversing cardiovascular disease, and who want to make a strong scientific contribution to our research. Research Associates will work with advanced techniques in molecular biology, protein and RNA purification and analysis, mammalian tissue culture, biochemical assays, immunostaining and microscopy. It is an opportunity to learn with genetically engineered mouse models, a wide variety of physiology experiments, including studies implementing advanced physiological instrumentation and surgeries. Research Associates will follow up experiments by organizing, processing and reporting data.
We are looking for candidates that will be fully engaged in the intellectual activities of the lab and actively participate in lab meetings and discussions. Primary responsibilities include:
- Molecular biology techniques (Molecular Cloning, protein, RNA purification, Western blot, PCR, qRT-PCR).
- Biochemical assays, immunostaining and microscopy.
- Maintaining cell cultures and performing cell culture experiments.
- BS / MS in Biological Sciences.
- At least one year of related work experience with molecular biology techniques..
- High level of initiative and motivation.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Excellent communication, organization, time management, and record-keeping skills.
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of Scientific Freedom, Learning and Belonging.