specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for Southern California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Scientist / Bioengineer, Synthetic Biology
to work for a leading Greater Los Angeles area.
We are currently seeking an exceptional individual to join our growing Synthetic Biology team as a Scientist / Bioengineer in the Greater Los Angeles Area, CA. The candidate will be a motivated researcher that will play a lead role in the design, characterization, optimization of genetic circuits as it relates to mammalian cell therapy for cancer. Responsibilities
- Design and clone genetic circuits to achieve the desired sense-and-respond functionality for therapeutic applications.
- Manage the small-scale production of viruses for human cell transduction and engineering.
- Design, develop, and perform in vitro cellular assays to optimize the response of genetic circuits in mammalian cells including cytotoxicity, proliferation, migration, and multi-color flow cytometry assays.
- Develop protocols, standard operating procedures, and statistical test methods.
- Draft and review technical reports.
- Play a lead role in regular internal project meetings and data reviews.
- Document all experiments and findings in electronic lab notebooks.
- Aid in management of lab tasks including maintaining supplies, reagents, and cells.
- Ph.D. in a life science discipline (Biology, Bioengineering, Immunology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, etc.) with deep experience in bacterial or mammalian synthetic biology.
-First author publications required.
- Expertise with molecular cloning techniques including PCR, transformation, sequencing, and DNA isolation is required.
- Proficiency in mammalian cell and molecular biology techniques including sterile technique, primary cell culture, cell assays, cell isolation, and cell sorting is required.
- Excellent organizational, communication, time-management, and collaboration skills are required.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
and visit our website at www.biophaseinc.com
for additional job opportunities!!!