EHS ManagerDes Moines, IA$120-150K + Bonus
Our Des Moines, IA manufacturing client is looking to hire an Environmental, Health & Safety Manager. The EHS Manager develops, implements and monitors programs that drive world-class safety, health and environmental practices in this most complex manufacturing plant.Key Responsibilities:
- Partner with the Plant General Manager to drive strategic corporate safety initiatives.
- Indirect report to the top corporate safety executive.
- Implements best in class HSE strategies, programs and practices.
- Ensures compliance with all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) laws and regulations.
- Develops new and creative methods to drive continuous improvement of HSE practices.
- Acts as advisor to health and safety administration team regarding projects, tasks, and operations. Monitors the removal of physical, biological and chemical hazards, and training of employees on safety policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ensures all necessary records are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines.
- Manages the hiring, direction, assessment and development of a team of HSE professionals.
- Requires a bachelors degree in HSE, engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years Management experience.
- Successful experience in a plant with best in class HSE practices.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred.