Lawhon and Associates, Inc. is seeking a self-motivated individual in our Columbus office to support the continued growth of our cultural resource practice. This position will contribute to a variety of projects across a wide range of sectors in both a technical and deputy project management role. This is a full-time position (=32 hours per week) in our Columbus office. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Cultural Resource Literature Reviews
- Phase I Archaeological Surveys
- Phase I History/Architecture Evaluations
- Phase II Assessments
- Phase III Data Recoveries
- Submerged Cultural Resources Surveys
Qualified candidates will possess at a minimum a MA/MS degree in anthropology, history, archaeology, or similar science-related fields and at least five (5) years of relevant experience. SHPO prequalification and ODOT prequalifications in the field of archaeology, as well as supervisory and reporting experience, are desired. Requirements
The required competencies and skills include:
- Effective communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong technical writing skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products
- Excellent oral, written and analytical skills.
- Availability for periodic overnight travel to jobs sites (mainly in Ohio and surrounding states).
We offer industry-competitive salaries, hybrid work flexibility, medical, dental, life and disability insurance, a fully vested 401(K) retirement plan with 100% match, paid holidays and sick time. Successful candidates must have an acceptable driving record, be willing to travel and pass a background check. Please send your resume in word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference CRMPI2022 in all correspondence. Lawhon & Associates, Inc
. provides full-service environmental engineering and consulting services to solve environmental issues for the public and private sector. The company was established in 1985 to serve an emerging market in asbestos/lead management. Over the past 36 years, our services have grown to include environmental site investigations and remediation; environmental permitting; ecological and wetland services; cultural and historic resources evaluations; indoor environmental quality studies; and NEPA compliance. We have over 40 professionals on staff with expertise and experience relevant to the services we offer. To learn more about Lawhon & Associates, Inc., please visit our website at www.lawhon-assoc.com.