Who we are:
Jubilant HollisterStier LLC, a well established member of the business community in Spokane, Washington, provides a complete range of services to support the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries. The Allergy business is a worldwide leader in the manufacture of allergenic extracts, targeted primarily at treating allergies and asthma. Jubilant HollisterStier is also a nationally recognized contract manufacturer of sterile injectable vials, and lyophilized products. Jubilant HollisterStier is a proud member of the Jubilant Pharma family.Our Promise: Caring, Sharing, Growing
We will, with the utmost care for the environment and society, continue to enhance value for our customers and stakeholders by providing innovative products and economically efficient solutions' through growth, cost effectiveness and wise investment of resources.What can we offer?
- A culture that values opportunity for professional growth and development while engaged in the manufacture of life-saving products
- Generous paid time off programs in addition to a generous paid holiday schedule
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, prescription and disability benefit programs starting day 1
- Company match for 401k and Roth, 100% vested from day 1
- Health and wellness programs, including Employee Assistance Program
- Education Assistance Program
The Microbiologist I-II-III
will perform the microbiological analysis on Allergenic and Contract Customer raw materials, intermediates, and finished products following prescribed procedures to provide data required to determine raw material/product disposition. Obtain full familiarity of the activities associated in the Microbiology Laboratory. This does not include proficiency of the actual test methods, but a comprehensive understanding of the activities associated to the Microbiology Lab. Essential responsibilities include:
- Analyze raw materials, in-process product, and finished product according to established procedures and as directed by the Supervisor.
- Record results and other data in the prescribed manner to meet regulatory requirements and provide information basic to product disposition
- Prepare data reports on new or ongoing quality control testing for management as directed by Supervisor.
- Maintain and operate laboratory equipment to assure accuracy and confidence in performance.
- Perform special assignments/projects as assigned by Supervisor.
- Adhere to the pertinent aspects of plant safety programs and in keeping with GMP's or other regulations
- Write SOPs and Interim SOPs for completing all testing in Microbiology Laboratory.
- Be able to complete all of the testing performed in the Microbiology Laboratory: CCI testing, LAL testing using both kinetic and gel-clot methods, bioburden testing using both membrane filtration and pour plate methods, growth promotion, Bacteriostasis/Fungistasis validation of final and in process testing, Biological Indicator Verification and Incubation, APE testing, microscopic examinations, fungal and bacterial identification using microscopic Vitek methods.
- Perform Microbiology skills such as aseptic technique, streak plating, gram staining, microscope use, etc.
- Write validation acceptance reports for products and equipment.
- Conduct investigations and write reports for Incidents and LI.
Jubilant HollisterStier is a great place to grow!
- Bachelor of Science Degree with emphasis in Microbiology or Biology with Micro emphasis -or closely related hard science required.
- Experience Required:
- 0 years Microbiologist I
- 2 years Microbiologist II or Master's Degree with 0+ years experience
- 7 years Microbiologist III
- Laboratory experience required. Pharmaceutical experience desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Understand cGMP concepts as they relate to laboratory operations.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to 25 lbs unassisted. 20/20 corrected near-point vision. Exposure to allergens and work in aseptic areas. Repetitive activities (i.e. pipetting). Prolonged sitting at computer or lab bench.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! http://www.jublhs.com/careers/employment-opportunities
*Please click on the Spokane, WA link*
Jubilant HollisterStier is an EEO/AA Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you require assistance applying for a position, please contact our HR Department at: