Job Title: Research AssociateLocation: Foster city, CA Duration: 6+ months contract *Subject to Vaccine Mandate/Accommodation*
Gilead Sciences is seeking a Research Associate to join the Mammalian Expression team within Protein Therapeutics. The successful candidate will be responsible molecular biology support of upstream Mammalian Expression efforts. Major responsibilities include expression construct design and generation, analysis of DNA sequencing data, plasmid preparation, and archiving of DNA samples. He/she should possess good communications skills and able to collaborate with fellow team members.
• Generate expression plasmids using In-fusion, restriction enzyme, or site-directed mutagenesis methods
• Prepare and analyze Sanger DNA sequencing data of plasmid and PCR products
• Prepare Mini, Midi, and Maxi scale transfection grade plasmid DNA
• Organize and maintain DNA and cell banks including entry and cleanup
• Proactively develop and update SOP to advance team processes
• Work collaboratively with team to provide pertinent support for fulfilling team function
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
• PCR, DNA sequencing, restriction enzyme and In-fusion cloning methods, site-directed mutagenesis
• Purification of PCR products using column and agarose gel methods
• Bacterial inoculation, culturing, and transformation in liquid and solid media
• Experience with Sanger sequencing and DNA analysis software (ie. DNAStar)
• Experience in the operation of liquid handling systems is a plus
• He/she should be able to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively in a team setting to execute high quality experiment in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities and timeline.
• The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be self-motivated.
- • Bachelor's degree in related discipline and 1+ years of relevant molecular biology experience