We currently have an excellent opportunity for a talented Research Associate 3 with Molecular Biology experience
to join our team!
Xencor is an innovative, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company located in the Los Angeles area-near Pasadena-and in San Diego. We use our pioneering XmAb® technology to discover and develop better biotherapeutics, antibodies and cytokines with improved function, with the goal of improving patient outcomes and quality of life.
Our protein engineering capabilities and the modular nature of our XmAb technology allow us to quickly identify and create new platforms and drug candidates for potential development. We are advancing a deep clinical pipeline of novel drug candidates, including eight bispecific antibodies and two engineered cytokines, and more programs are expected to start clinical testing in 2022. We also leverage our many XmAb technologies by collaborating with leading global biopharmaceutical companies, including Genentech and Janssen Biotech, among others, and including our partnerships, 20 XmAb drug candidates are advancing through clinical development. Three XmAb medicines, to treat patients with a range of serious illnesses, such as aggressive lymphoma, rare blood disorders, and COVID-19, are now marketed worldwide by partners.
Our employees are the most important factor in our success, and we have assembled a highly talented group from diverse backgrounds and disciplines to execute our business plan and shape our future. Xencor employees value new ideas and flexibility and demand from each other scientific rigor, a passion for innovation, and a willingness to take risks.Summary:
The Protein Sciences and Technology Department is seeking a highly motivated, detailed-oriented and laboratory-focused Research Associate 3 to join the Molecular Biology team. This is an exciting opportunity to enable therapeutic discovery and be a part of a multidisciplinary team with capabilities in Antibody Discovery, Molecular Biology, Protein Chemistry and Biophysics. This position is responsible for all DNA related workflow with potential for growth and development.Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Independently design and construct libraries and vectors for antibody/protein expression, including various advanced modalities
- Perform various cloning workflows, DNA sequencing, analysis and documentation, medium to high-throughput DNA purification.
- Troubleshoot DNA cloning protocols and optimization required. Efficiently and timely deliver cloned constructs and libraries.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of molecular biology techniques and DNA sequencing analysis software, ELN and related bioinformatics and data-mining tools required.
- Ability to multi-task, work effectively and collaboratively to maintain accuracy and efficiency; detailed record keeping and clear communication of results to relevant teams a must.
- The ideal candidate is self-driven, organized, able to work independently and collaboratively in a goal-oriented multi-project and fast-paced environment and passionate about learning/implementing new technologies. Candidates should have a demonstrated record of technical proficiency, and an ability to work effectively and collaboratively.
Physical, Mental and Environment Demands:
- BS/MS in Molecular Biology or a related field with 5 or more years of industry experience.
- Technical expertise in Molecular Biology techniques and sequencing technologies and data analysis
- Hands-on experience with high throughput gene construction, variant library generation and troubleshooting independently
- Ability to perform method development, write protocols, maintain detailed records and inventory with strong data-management and analytical skills
- Prior experience with automation, small to large scale DNA purification preferred
- Familiarity with antibody sequence and structure a plus
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills and flexibility to work in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary team setting with constantly evolving priorities and completion timelines
- Excellent interpersonal, written & verbal communication, and problem-solving skills
The physical, mental and working environment demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this position.
The physical demands of the office are normally associated with extended amounts of time sitting and using office equipment, including a computer, keyboard and mouse, which can cause muscle strain. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. Periodic light lifting of supplies and materials may apply.
Specific mental demands for the position are listed above under requirements. In addition, mental demands for this position include:
- Ability to multitask without loss of efficiency or accuracy, including the ability to perform multiple duties from multiple sources.
- Ability to work and sustain attention with distractions and/or
- Ability to interact appropriately with a variety of individuals including vendors, customers and clients.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance and be
- Ability to understand, remember and follow verbal and written
Work for this position is performed at Xencor's worksite and requires full-time commitment. Xencor requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated means that at least two weeks have passed since an individual's final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen, including any boosters recommended by the CDC. New employees will be required to provide proof of their fully COVID- 19 vaccinated status as of their start date unless an exemption or accommodation is approved.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
The Company will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact HR@xencor.com.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Xencor does not accept profiles or resumes from recruiting vendors without a binding written agreement. Any unsolicited submission of services and or resumes in no way creates an obligation or duty by Xencor, implied or otherwise.