CONTINUUS is hiring a full-time EHS Associate to join our EHS team in supporting operations across our two research and development laboratory facilities (each location approximately 5,000 sf) located less than a mile apart from each other. This position will support a wide range of responsibility areas in and around CONTINUUS, including:
Management and inspections (monthly) of facility emergency and EHS managed personal protective equipment, including:
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) equipment assigned for emergency response
- Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) equipment
- Fire extinguisher/life safety / first aid / Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) / laboratory spill response equipment
- Eye wash / emergency deluge shower equipment
- Performance "bump" tests on EHS portable industrial hygiene / air monitoring equipment
- Ordering / Inventory of visitor safety glasses stocking areas
- Performance of Massachusetts/EPA required hazardous waste container storage area (SAA/MAA) compliance inspections and associated tasks (delivering empty containers, removing filled containers)
Participation on the CONTINUUS Hazardous Materials Emergency Response Team and any associated drills or exercises scheduled to maintain competency in emergency response
- General EHS department operations related activities including:
Recordkeeping/filing support activities for EHS documentation (records concerning employee education, respiratory protective equipment fit testing/medical clearance certifications, hazardous chemical safety data sheet (sds) recordkeeping)
Assess completeness of chemical/flammable storage inventories and safety data sheet record filing as these activities relate to spot checks performed on laboratory chemical storage areas
Creating as needed or identified site specific hazard communication signage for laboratory or general facility areas
-Support on newly developed EHS programs or policies, assist with risk assessments, compliance assessments, participate in project meetings, safety committee. Provide support to facility operations and serve as back-up, as needed. Required Qualifications
· No previous professional experience is required though a bachelor's degree in a Facility Management, Facility Engineering, Environmental Health and Safety, Laboratory Management or related scientific or engineering program is preferred for this position.
· Use ergonomic techniques to safely lift 30 pounds without assistance and work on your feet for 4-6 hours/day without difficulty.
· Able to work independently without direct supervision and be accountable to complete work in a timely manner.
· Have a good driving record, reliable transportation and a driver's license in good standing
- 8 hour or 24-hour Hazardous Waste Operations (HAZWOPER) certification
- Familiar with hazardous waste manifests and compliance with MA DEP
- Working towards a Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) certificate a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race; color; religion; sexual orientation or transgender status; gender identity or expression; pregnancy or related medical conditions; workplace hazards to reproductive systems; national origin and ancestry; age; veteran status; current physical or mental disability or history of; intellectual or learning disability; genetic information; homelessness status; sexual harassment; marital or civil union status; lawful activity outside of the workplace such as tobacco use; or any other characteristic protected by law.