About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world's leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime. We cover both Property & Casualty and Life & Health. Combining experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise, we create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 14,000 employees across the world.
Our success depends on our ability to build an inclusive culture encouraging fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. We embrace a workplace where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and develop professionally regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, skillset, thought or other characteristics. In our inclusive and flexible environment everyone can bring their authentic selves to work.
About the Role
In this exciting role, you will work collaboratively with key partners to implement SwissRE's business strategy by defining and deploying how we work in the organization in the future: our processes, systems, skills, team structure, etc. This will allow SwissRE to remain competitive in the market and prepare an organization that is fit for the future! In this position, you will be accountable for leading groundbreaking projects, which develop, streamline and quantify business processes according to our guidelines and deliverables. We expect you to be a self-motivated personality with strong analytical skills and you bring a strong drive for process improvement as well as the desire to deliver on the goals of the Business Management division. You will report directly to the Head of Operational Excellence P&C BM.
- Ownership of medium to large projects to transform P&C Business Management: identify, plan, setup and implement changes which will define SwissRE's target operating model
- Bring in solution ideas and use problem solving methodologies (such as DMAIC/Six Sigma, Lean, Design Thinking, Systems Thinking)
- Facilitate meetings and workshops with business experts (SME's) related to assigned projects
- Provide insight for the business on topics such as staffing needs, talent & skill development and recommend training areas as the need arises. Develop functional, technical and system workflow solutions for sophisticated business processes in a clear and concise manner
- Present convincing proposals by way of high-level solutions to the business community and senior management
- Define metrics used to manage process improvements and reports regularly on progress to business leaders and program team
- Collaborate on Operational Excellence strategy & implementation plan
- Bachelor's degree specializing in business, related technology, or equivalent combination of education and/or directly related work experience
- Strong understanding and usage of Project Management, Lean Six Sigma and Organizational Change tools & techniques
- Experience in conducting RIE (Rapid Improvement Events) and workshops
- Excellent judgement and decision-making skills
- Strong leadership, problem solving, analytical and presentation skills
- Ability to lead multiple meaningful priorities in a fast paced and multifaceted environment
- Ability to empower diverse groups and inspire change
- Strong PC skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio/ARIS, and SharePoint.
- Good understanding of insurance and reinsurance business and product knowledge
- Ability to travel to global locations
- Prosci / ADKAR, PMP, Six Sigma certification a plus
- Specific in-depth knowledge of (re-)insurance areas such as claims, accounting, reserving, underwriting, etc. is considered a plus
Swiss Re is an equal opportunity employer. It is our practice to recruit, hire and promote without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, pregnancy, sexual orientations, marital status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Decisions on employment are solely based on an individual's qualifications for the position being filled.
During the recruitment process, reasonable accommodations for disabilities are available upon request. If contacted for an interview, please inform the Recruiter/HR Professional of the accommodation needed.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact the world, it is our responsibility to help keep our employees, customers, partners and communities healthy and safe. SwissRe will require all candidates interviewing in person in the United States and Canada to provide evidence of vaccination when arriving at our offices. Keywords: Reference Code: