Atwell is currently hiring for seasonal temporary Biology Field Technicians to work at our client's site in Indiana/midwest. This will be a full-time temporary position starting July/August 2022 through mid-October 2022.
At Atwell, we create solutions for the built environment. With 1,000 consultants and 33 offices nationwide, our team provides comprehensive turnkey professional services.Responsibilities
- Monitor bird/ bat fatalities beneath operating wind turbines in Indiana. Fieldwork will require working in varied outdoor conditions (including a range of temperatures and wind speeds). Fatality monitoring will entail walking, sometimes in inclement conditions and on uneven terrain.
- Candidate must be comfortable with hazards typical of the outside environment (e.g., sharp vegetation, rain, mud, dust, heat and cold).
- Candidates will use a compass, global positioning system (GPS) device, range finder, and digital cameras. Training will be provided for all survey efforts and job-related activities.
- Technicians will be required to follow all safety protocols for Atwell including defensive driving and protocols set by the wind energy facility. Technicians will use good judgment to work safely and efficiently.
- Ideal candidate will possess or be working towards a bachelor's degree in natural resources, wildlife management, wildlife biology or equivalent, and experience with/interest in bats preferred; however, enthusiastic workers are encouraged to apply.
- Strong bat and bird identification skills is a plus, especially for midwestern species.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs is preferred.
- Must be able to work independently, effectively communicate with supervisors, and interact professionally and respectfully with project managers, biologists, technicians, clients, and landowners.
- Must hold a current driver's license in good standing.
- Housing assistance available
- Company vehicle provided
- Work with Industry Leading Clients
- Diverse Award Winning Project Types
- Latest Technology and Industry Software
- Robust New Hire Training Plan, Mentors and Peer Coaches
- On-the-job Training and Career Planning