This position is a member of the R&D Microbiology team to conduct antimicrobial testing, method development and scientific research in support of the growth strategies in Environment of Care. This position will support the Lead Microbiologist in developing and executing R&D plans and protocols specific to Microbiology in support of the development and launch of new products. The role will require working in partnership with cross functional team members to ensure critical milestones are met.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIESRESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT: Perform antimicrobial testing according to regulatory (EPA, FDA, BPR, Health Canada) requirements.Manage external GLP/non-GLP studies and maintain favorable partnerships.Develop novel methodologies in support of new product territories/claims. Plans own workload to ensure tasks and objectives are completed. LABORATORY SUPPORT: Responsible for equipment calibration/verification and management of quality practices.Prepare media and process glassware as necessary to perform experiments.Maintain SOP version revisions for continuous improvement initiatives. FORMULATION AND REGULATORY SUPPORT: Help formulators to determine the correct test method for product tests and partner to develop effective chemistries.Identifies technical and project risks and proactively recommends strategies and options to management to avoid/mitigate risks.Provide Microbiology support to regulatory.Assist in preparing technical reports, scientific publications and technical presentations for internal meetings. PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS Demonstrate research skills to create new test methods/territories in support of the 2X revenue growth and 4X profit growth 2020 targets.Ability to work in partnership with the product development and regulatory functions with minimal supervision.Support work stream timelines and be able to balance priorities according to stakeholder needs.Able to communicate and cooperate with other team members and cross function teams effectively. Responsible for generating and coordinating all documentation necessary to support the product development process, including Design History Files for all products by the Environment of Care team. QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION:
- University Degree in a Biological Science required
- Masters/Ph.D. an advantage
- Previous experience in a regulated R&D environment supporting Antimicrobial Products
- Understands R&D processes for development and launch of new products
- 3+ years of R&D working experience.
- Writes and revises SOPs.
- Able to develop new test methods with minimum guidance.
- Proficient with a variety of antimicrobial test methods.
- Experience in working in GLP laboratory facilities.
- Working knowledge of EPA regulations.
- Desire to succeed and grow career in a fast moving and dynamic R&D environment.
- Previous experience of wipes advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal / written). Ability to explain science to peers and stakeholders
- Prudent risk taker. Identifies opportunities and takes risks to achieve objectives
- Able to work on multiple projects of varying complexity
- Able to influence cross-functional partners to gain support and alignment to ideas
- Computer literate (Outlook / Word / Excel)
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs