Join Cardno's, now Stantec, Science and Environment team in Indianapolis, Indiana to play an integral role in providing environmental consulting services with specialties in natural resources, cultural resources, environmental permitting and ecological restoration.
Cardno is seeking a mid to senior level Ecologist - Project Manager
in the Indianapolis, IN
office.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct professional wetland delineations according to the USACE Wetland Determination Manual (1987) and corresponding supplements. Botanical skills identifying native and non-native species preferred.
- Preparation of professional technical documents summarizing field investigations
- Preparation of IDNR (floodway), IDEM, and/or USACE permit applications
- Meeting with agencies specific to permitting processes and project needs
- Manage at least 10-15 projects at a given time
- Mentor staff
- Develop new business and maintain relationships with existing clients
- Representation of Cardno at conferences through public presentations
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in ecology, biology, environmental science or other applicable area
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar role
- Proficient at Technical Writing
- Good oral and written communication with clients and staff
- 3+ years of experience in consulting field is desired
- Knowledge and experience with the IDEM, IDEM and USACE regulatory processes
- NEPA and FERC experience is a plus
- Wetland and stream mitigation experience
- Knowledge of ecological field restoration techniques
Benefit eligible employees are offered a variety of plans to help address their health and welfare needs, as well as the needs of their families. Our comprehensive benefits package includes competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, EAP, paid parental leave, health and financial wellness programs, student debt repayment program, life and disability coverage as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with a company match.