Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.Job Description
Wonderful Citrus is seeking an Environmental, Health and Safety Manager to lead within the Texas organization. This includes EHS leadership for Packing Operations, Juicing operations and Farming Operations. Under general direction of the EHS Sr. Director, ideal candidate will develop, implement, and manage the environmental, health and safety programs; lead/develop safety inspections and training; serve as consultant to departments on safety and environmental issues; and perform related duties required.Here's what you'll do:
- Accountable and responsible for ensuring the Environmental, Health, and Safety activities are performed within external regulatory requirements and internal management guidelines.
- Create a strong culture within safety team, with an emphasis on collaboration and continuous improvement
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and documentation of EHS programs in accordance with Local, State, and Federal EPA and OSHA requirements.
- Responsible and accountable for the preparation, submission, and documentation of all EPA, OSHA & TCEQ Reporting Requirements, up to but not limited to OSHA 300 Log, MS Hazardous Waste Generators Annual Report, and MS Air Emissions Annual Inventory Report.
- Ensures accurate submission and completion of all incident reporting to the Management team.
- Supervise and directs the daily EHS functions for 3 business units including Citrus Packing house, Juice operations and farming within the EHS department.
- Develops, conducts/oversees and supervises EHS Training, including external regulatory and internal management programs.
- Responsible for the approval and procurement of EHS for Waste Characterization and Disposal, PPE, Noise Testing, Training Resources, and any other Environmental, Health, and Safety vendors as required.
- Conduct monthly "safety workarounds" observing program effectiveness and safe work practices.
- Actively participate in the Safety and Health committee.
- Design and perform audits to ensure quality of supervisory performance.
- Participate in all OSHA-recordable and environmental incident investigations for their area of responsibility.
- Ensure required regulatory training is conducted, documented and attendance records maintained for all employees
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental, Health and Safety/Engineering preferred, with 5-7 years professional experience in Safety, Environmental in a manufacturing setting or equivalent combination experience and education.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft software.
- Self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to motivate others and implement change.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Manufacturing or Operational leadership
- Farming and/or field operations
- Professional safety designation/certification
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving - a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program* - $1,500 per exempt referral; $500 per non-exempt referral, * Taxes applicable.
- Full benefits package -- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law