About the job
A new, ambitious, stealth biotech company has been launched and successfully funded by one of the top venture firms in the industry, Polaris Partners. Founded by Bob Langer, Dan Anderson and Brad Pentelute, this Boston-based company has a new platform technology for novel, targeted and ground-breaking therapeutics for various indications. Job Description
We are currently seeking an exceptional individual to join our growing team as a Biochemist/Chemical Biologist/Cell Biologist in Boston, MA. The candidate will be a motivated, independent researcher with deep expertise in cell assays, biophysical methods, tissue culture and protein production.
The successful candidate will support the advancement of projects from hits to development candidates. You will provide project leadership, technical expertise across multiple drug discovery programs. The successful candidate will collaborate with Bioinformatics, Chemistry, Protein Engineering, Biology and other key functions to support the advancement of our portfolio. As an active member of the drug discovery team, the candidate will apply his/her design skills and bring broad insight of biochemistry and other disciplines to bear on advancing our drug discovery projects. Ability to thrive in a team, goal driven and time-sensitive environment, are key attributes.
The position demands excellent people skills, a can-do-now attitude, and the ability to embrace our fast-paced team environment. Responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess
- Develop various cell based systems for protein production
- Participate in establishing and managing collaborations with company partners and CRO's.
- Serve as a scientific expert in protein production, purification and analysis with both internal and external partners.
- Independently and collaboratively identify and deliver high quality drug candidates.
- Generate novel, testable hypotheses to enable rapid, clear decision making.
- Ensure optimal interaction/communication and provide updates on project status to team members and stakeholders.
- Deep knowledge of cell biology and protein biochemistry. Extensive experience with various biophysical techniques of protein characterization (e.g. BLI, SPR, ITC) to measure the non-covalent association of two biopolymers
- Extensive experience developing FACS-based binding assays to determine the interaction of proteins with cellular surface
- Strong track record of protein production with bacteria and or mammalian cells
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving skills for developing creative, innovative solutions, and meeting project objectives.
- Extensive experience in driving and supporting external teams at CRO's.
- Proven track record of scientific contributions to projects, including co-inventorship on patents.
- (Co)-authorship on publications and presentations is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Scientific creativity, independent thought and decision-making ability.
- Outstanding written, verbal and presentations skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- PhD cell biology, biochemistry, biophysics or similar discipline is required.
- Postdoctoral experience in academia or industry is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We require that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof thereof, or, receive an approved medical or religious exemption.